• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you guys think this is a Gen?

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Do you guys think this is a Gen? I know it's a crappy pic.
bret1be3.jpg

paulV

4/11/06
Just a question from a noob: are there any reps with the date 1 till 9 correct placed in date window?

bignick

2/8/06
Absolutely a Rep - the font in the Date window looks off to me not to mention the orientation of the date number is wrong. This only based on my GEN Breitling being that way and different from the photo.

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
So the orientation of the single digit is right in this picture? Is there any reps that have it this way?

paulV

4/11/06
spdshift22 said:
i think he means like the "2" in the pic you provided.... this is the correct number orientation up until the double digits... reps have it in the same orientation for all numbers...

Yes, that's what i ment :)

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
wait.. i'm wrong.... just looked at the navi on breitling.com and it has the 8 in the same orientation as the current 28k 7750 reps being offered...

i thought the orientation was different... maybe it was on the older models... maybe i was misinformed...

thanks bignick for setting me straight...

gillorin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/06
Real

Gen's have had it both ways, rep's only one.
The date font is proper for this Navitimer.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
A couple of things to look for...

If it is a 7753 and has the big date window and the single digits point inward, it is more than likely a gen.

If the slide rule numbers come close to the crystal, its more than likely a gen.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Its a good deal if all goes well I guess. I believe that watch would retail for just over $5k U.S., so its basically half price. You have to take in to account the risk factor involved. Whenever buying on the net, there is always the chance that you will be scammed. The seller holds the cards, so you have to send money first. What if the watch arrives DOA, or not as described.

It may be a good price, but its a lot of money to send to a first time seller.

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
My thuoghts exactly. I found myself wanting to bid on this one but my smarts told me not to.