• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Discontinued Black SMP

hendrixelixir

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/07
Now that Omega has officially discontinued the black SMP, will our dealers stop carrying them? Or will they be in stock indefinitely. (it seems reasonable... they do carry vintage "bond" rolexes, after all)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Any picture of the mentioned watches? Is mine included? If yes, Omega is going to miss a customer... Where is the new Ti watches OMEGA???!!!???

dscn6789uc6.jpg

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Tak...

This electric blue Omega is my all time #1 favourite watch of all time.

I have bought and sold all my gens and perhaps it is because none of them was this blue beauty.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, it's not this model... So far Omega has not released any new diver's model based on Ti case/bracelet.

@hendrix: what puts me off of purchasing SMP non chrono replica is the He valve placement. Well... the closed factory version which reviewed here (stickied) is an awesome replica I must say.

pacs man

Known Member
22/4/07
hendrixelixir,

The search for this watch drove me to buy a gen. After reading by-tors's great reviews the big things that I was looking for were correct logo placement and handlength. I contacted several dealers on this board asking about their offerings, some were evasive, another just stopped responding and then another told me to buy a gen when all I had asked about was the handlength. The SMP black with correct hands can be hard to find.

So I bought a gen (actually a GMT) off of ebay that I'm exteremely happy with. Interesting side note: It has the brightest lume of any watch that I've ever seen.

jpeg

Horology Curious
3/12/07
lads, I am as well very much interested in buying the black SMP (with black crown), do you know which maker still have it (PT is out of stock)?
thk sin advance
Rgds
J.

yt

11/11/06
I did not know they killed the black SMP, that is sad... :?

Trevor52

Horology Curious
20/6/07
Please go to something called Ioffer.com - there is a lady who is selling what appears to be closed factory black and electric blue SMP's. I actually own the gen electric blue - like many I was not fortunate enough to know about these forums a few years ago but I absolutely love the watch. Anyway I ordered the black version and I will let you know if they are good. I got the info off one of the other forums. Good luck.

Tick Tock

Horology Curious
16/12/07
This is the link: http://www.ioffer.com/i/31800841
Hope it's of use. I want this watch too, however, the chaps on RWG are finding the seller to be a little erratic. I'll wait until they've all got theirs before dipping my toe in the water.

solchitlins

3/11/07
hmm just wondering wern't Gen SMP of this model available slightly used a few years ago for like $1,000 ?

Now there like twice that.

I allways loved this watch too.

Reminds me of my Omega Dynamic I bought for like $400 5 years ago and sold for the same a year later, now there like $1000 too.

sammy7878

24/3/07
Hello,
I have a black SMP and am looking to get a black rubber strap for it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sam

ryaku

3/4/06
Tick Tock said:
This is the link: http://www.ioffer.com/i/31800841
Hope it's of use. I want this watch too, however, the chaps on RWG are finding the seller to be a little erratic. I'll wait until they've all got theirs before dipping my toe in the water.

I got mine today.
Watch is exactly the one in pics and apart for some scratches in the bezel is really very good.

rei

18/12/06
Beware....I got mine today and the He valve is incorrect!

Arrrgghhhhhhhhh!

DSC01467.jpg

ryaku

3/4/06
sorry rei, i'm sure Angela will solve the problem.

By the way, i got the right watch but with scratched bezel. I asked for a new spare bezel, i don't wanna send it back.

Tick Tock

Horology Curious
16/12/07
rei said:
Beware....I got mine today and the He valve is incorrect!

Arrrgghhhhhhhhh!

Rei,
Sorry to twist the knife but the hands on your watch have shrunk from those shown on the trader's photo. It just isn't the same watch. What a drag - I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Re:

caravaggio said:
Tak...

This electric blue Omega is my all time #1 favourite watch of all time.

I have bought and sold all my gens and perhaps it is because none of them was this blue beauty.

Here it is in SS. :D

IMG_5630.jpg