• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Disassemble an Omega Speedmaster

migueloliveira

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/11
Hi,

just received my first rep, an Omega SpeedMaster Date. :) It's a gorgeous watch, and very rare, because this watch it's no longer available, so I just found one in second one from Silix, that I bought, of course. :)

The watch is this one (QC pics from Michelle):
1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Now my question: the watch have some dirt on it and I do not want to put the watch under the water, because I do not know if it will resist. How can I disassemble this Omega?

What I need it's to remove the rear hard case cover and the bezel.

My best regards,
Miguel

waterluver

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/7/11
I am thinking if you have to ask this question...maybe you shouldn't try this

D

d4m.test

So you suggest to not disassamble this parts? The watch it's really very dirty, and I am a little affraid in put water over it... :(

My best regads,
Miguel

TheCold

15/8/09
take a damp cloth and gently remove the dirt, with a miniscule amount of water put on a cloth it won't ruin the watch

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
You don't need to remove the bezel or anything else to clean the watch. Mix some dish soap in warm water and dip a clean toothbrush in the mix and start scrubbing. When you are finished, run the watch under water from the sink. No water will get the the case by doing this. However, if it does the solution is to pull the stem out to the time set position and place the watch under a desk lamp for a few hours. I hope that helps. :)

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Once you follow the advice given here, PM me...I'll buy the "remains" from you for $25.00!!!!
NEVER PUT THIS WATCH NEAR RUNNING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
I have cleaned a dozen reps (including a Speedmaster) in this manner multiple times each and never had a problem. If Frank thinks that is a fluke, then so be it. I'm not saying that you can go diving to 100m, but if it were mine I would clean the watch in the manner described above.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
I have cleaned a dozen reps (including a Speedmaster) in this manner multiple times each and never had a problem. If Frank thinks that is a fluke, then so be it. I'm not saying that you can go diving to 100m, but if it were mine I would clean the watch in the manner described above.

I've done it too. Even used toothpaste with the toothbrush (white toothpaste is a mild polisher). Just don't do the obvious like putting running water directly on the chrono pushers and stuff like that and you'll be fine. Just do it fast!!! And dry it quickly!!!
I used to afterwards take the caseback off to check for leaks but never found any....don't do it anymore. Just don't submerge the watch.
I am begining to think we tend to underestimate the waterproofness of our reps.