• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Different tone lume

lourentgarnier

Renowned Member
4/4/10
Hi guys,

i'm going to relume my V2 ploprof and of course i read a lot. So this is what i found out: different tones of lume. Blue on the bezel and more greenish on the dial. Can any expert confirm? It's very important for me for 2 reasons: first of all, as all here, i'd like to get it as gen possible so i don't want to relume it all (bezel and dial) all the same color if not wright (also because actually the lume on dial on the V2 looks quite green pretty similar to the gen, maybe not as strong of course); second, it's much easier to do and i would try to do it by myself.
Here is a pic of the gen lume of the plop:
omega_seamaster_ploprof_1200_lume.jpg

My only concern is if applying the lume only on the bezel there could be a too big difference of the lume itself (the intensity) between dial (weaker) and bezel (more powerful). Opinions?

One last thing: some time ago i was reading about a tutorial about how to remove the bezel.....can't find it; any suggestion about how to proceed? i think it was done using a hair dryer.....maybe i'm wrong....
Cheers

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I believe it's the same lume for both, it's just that when the lume is spread out it alters the glow.

lume1.jpg

omega_seamaster_ploprof_1200_dial_lume.jpg

PloprofLume001.jpg

DSC_0428_1664.jpg

I'm confident that they are the same lume color.