• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Differences Ploprof 2836 vs. 2824

thisismynick

27/12/10
Hi all,

I'm strongly interested in a Ploprof. :) Checking with trusted dealers I stumble over similar but in detail different offers:

Replicamake offers "ultimate" Ploprofs with Asian 2836 mvmt. for USD 258

http://www.replicamake88.com/produc...PROF-1200M-V2-RUBBER-ULTIMATE-ASIAN-2836.html

Lay also offers a Ploprof with "swiss" ETA 2834 mvmt. for USD 308

http://www.replicamake88.com/produc...-1200M-V2-RUBBER-ULTIMATE-SWISS-ETA-2834.html

Puretimewatches offers "ultimate" Ploprofs with Asian 2824 Mvmt. for USD 308

http://puretimewatch.com/product/seamaster-ploprof-1200m-ss-orange-ultimate-edition-a2824/

Other than the movements the watches seem identical to me, but I guess I'm not seeing something here?

Would anybody be so kind to fill me in about the differences of those watches and/or movements ("swiss" labeling aside)? I've heard the 2836 would be much cheaper/inferior than the 2824, and a bit thicker. Then again, from what I've read the 2836 has the ability to run a day wheel, what the 2824 cannot do (which of course is not featured in the ploprof and therefore one could say isn't important?). Both have 25 jewels, both have 28800 bpm. How does all that fit together? It hardly makes sense to me that a mvmt. with more features would be cheaper/inferior than one with less features? And as for the "swiss" 2834, I'm at a complete loss?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

thisismynick

27/12/10
Hi,

are you saying there is no difference between those movement types, or that there is always the same type of movement installed in those ploprofs, no matter what they say or claim?

thankx for clarifying ;)

all the same

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
It is said that the Swiss ETA often are older movements or refurbished since practically no new ETAs are in supply anymore. I'd always go for the Asian version.

As to the difference between 2824 and 2836-2 I am not sure if it is really that big.

Josh

8/1/10
go with lay and call it a day!! Go with the ultimate 2836 :) 258$ (he offers 15% off if you WU the money)

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
I'm sure there is some difference and would like to know too... Can anyone enlighten?

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
These are all basically the same....Only diff is day/date variations.....And you're really not very likely to actually GET any of them in a recently built replica watch, regardless of what your dealer says!!
ETA has basically stopped supplying these movements to the REAL watch industry outside of their SWATCH group umbrella, so what are YOUR chances of getting one in a rep these days...???
IMNSFHO, the Asian 21j is where the "smart money" is spent these days...
I just bought a Plopper from the 'jandrew" cartel with that movement, no happy feet, and a serial #ed case, for $148.00....What's not to love about THAT...???

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
The lowbeat 21j turns me off a bit... I still think that the highbeat movements look smoother. But that is just me, nobody will really notice until stuffed under the nose.

21j has the advantage that it is cheaper to replace them than do a service :D