• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1665 Comex

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Here's what I've just gotten. Not brand new but really good IMHO. Bezel a bit loose, tightened it using scotch tape.

DSCN0180.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0217.jpg

I am really happy with this piece! And no... no mods done.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
You going to remove the black from the engraving?

I hardly believe you will not mod this at all.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
There is a few possibilities. I like the watch as it's! Really. I will make crystal changing as first priority. I have heard only good news and big improvement with Tropic 39 Superdome.

mezzanine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/06
You got the deal of the century on this one, I was shocked at what it ended up going for.... :shock:

I don't want to have to sell anymore watches, so I've changed up my collection a bit recently towards the vintage rollies.

They are damn impressive watches, once they've been modded.

Here's the seadweller I only recently received-

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

Spicy

Horology Curious
27/10/07
One thing to keep in mind....when posting pics of Seadwellers....you must show the he valve....thanks

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Crystal swapped to genuine T39 flat top. Like you guys said... Huge difference! Relumed too and swapped the bracelet to Daytona's bracelet courtesy of Guru!

DSCN0017.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

bruce79

Known Member
30/3/06
Absolutely love the lume job, do you mind sharing the modder? Also, a gen crystal fit? Is this Comex MBW?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Genuine T39 fits without problem. The outer crystal retaining ring is pretty tight though, you need good crystal pusher for that as well as a bit of force to fit it in. But crystal is a perfect fit.

Modder is myself with great tips and help of azgjav and guru. Yes, this is a Comex MBW.

bruce79

Known Member
30/3/06
That's a great job on the lume takashi. Don't suppose there is a tutorial posted on DIY lume jobs? I've got a vintage gmt on the way and I'd like to do away with those very yellow markers. Also, would you mind sharing your source for the lume, pm me if you'd like. Thanks

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
As for lume DIY, I have tried to do it very very long time ago (it's on IWC Chrono GST Ti). Lume is RC Tritec's C3 SuperLuminova mixed with Daylight Orange from Glow Inc. Please note that the daylight orange lume from Glow Inc. comes with much finer grain than its Ultra Green powder. You can get the lume from glowinc.com and Superluminova directly from RC Tritec. It's called reparatur set. Or if you already have the varnish and lacquer, go for only the lume powder. Price per gram is about 40 CHF but exclusive shipping and bank transfer fee,

Mixed them to get desired colour. It is indeed like you said a big improvement.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I am on buying spree! This is what I have gotten so far, all in transit and should be here by next week:

Genuine Rolex Triplock crown + clark's tube 24-703
Michael Young's Bezel insert
Genuine Rolex Bezel insert for modern sub with tritium pearl (don't know whether it will fit) <- I can always resell it.
Genuine Rolex bracelet with 380 endlinks, bracelet ref no 7836.