• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Difference between PureTime and Trevor 42mm 5GPO?

oflorey

Looking Around
17/9/12
Hi guys,

I've recently started exploring the idea of getting a replica watch (particularly the 42mm Planet Ocean) and found this forum after some research.

I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some advice as all the different models can be quite confusing. I've looked at some of the trusted dealers on here, and I've found two 42mm 5th generation Planet Oceans - one on Trevor's Watches and one on PureTime. Now, the puretime one is $100 more - the only difference I can see is that the Trevor one is 'water resistant' whereas the PureTime one specifically says water resistant to 50m, and the difference in movements - Trevor is ETA 2824-2 whereas PureTime is 2836-2.

So, is it worth paying more for the version PureTime is selling?

Any advice gratefully received and very much appreciated!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'll leave the POs to the Omega guys but mate, unless you wanna get spammed off the face of the planet you had best take out a support ticket and have your user name changed. 'bots trawl fora looking for email addys.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I'll leave the POs to the Omega guys but mate, unless you wanna get spammed off the face of the planet you had best take out a support ticket and have your user name changed. 'bots trawl fora looking for email addys.

First of all, better to what the boss says!

Onto the watch matter, they are pretty much the same watches from all dealers. The extra money you see are for the 2836 movement which is consider to be better...

My advice, get the 2824 asian clone and enjoy your watch. And remember, water resistance doesnt mean water proof, i wouldnt dive with me replica for fishing...

oflorey

Looking Around
17/9/12
First of all, thanks for the username advice guys - ticket submitted with a name change request.

Secondly, thank you for the watch advice - looks like I'll just go for the cheaper one from Trevor.

Thanks again!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
And remember that even Trusted Dealers lie! No rep is water resistant AT ALL until you have it tested yourself.
And never pay extra for their extra "services".
Welcome, and enjoy your watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
First of all, thanks for the username advice guys - ticket submitted with a name change request.

Secondly, thank you for the watch advice - looks like I'll just go for the cheaper one from Trevor.

Thanks again!

Now that username looks better ;)