• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

difference between ploprof v1 and v2

jack33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/2/13
I know, maybe everybody knows what I'm going to ask, but I'm a noob user:D:
Do you know the differences between the two versions of ploprof? And an other question is: is the ploprof rep a good rep? Are you satisfied?

bluejay68

21/12/08
V2 is excellent, just needs some work on the bezel insert. True V1 has problems with delaminating crystal, happy feet logo, non-functional bezel lock, 1-piece caseback, slipping clasp - all issues that were fixed on the V2, but the lume is applied to the base of the bezel on the V2, not the back of the bezel insert like the V1, so the numbers look less white than they should. It doesn't bother some folks and it's not a big job to fix (unless you ruin the insert).

There is also a V1.5 that has most of the big issues with the V1 fixed and is less expensive than the V2 - some think this is the sweet spot with this rep.

It's a big/heavy watch - I think that's the only reason some folks don't like it when they get one. If you are OK with the size/weight, it's a really terrific rep.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
V2 is excellent, just needs some work on the bezel insert. True V1 has problems with delaminating crystal, happy feet logo, non-functional bezel lock, 1-piece caseback, slipping clasp - all issues that were fixed on the V2, but the lume is applied to the base of the bezel on the V2, not the back of the bezel insert like the V1, so the numbers look less white than they should. It doesn't bother some folks and it's not a big job to fix (unless you ruin the insert).

There is also a V1.5 that has most of the big issues with the V1 fixed and is less expensive than the V2 - some think this is the sweet spot with this rep.

It's a big/heavy watch - I think that's the only reason some folks don't like it when they get one. If you are OK with the size/weight, it's a really terrific rep.

Great post! Rep points given.

You forgot to mention its fugly. :lol:

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
And also not forgetting to mention the bezel lock mechanism. In V1 and V1.5 the orange button does not work as per gen. Just a button (push able) but no function, bezel can be turn freely in both direction. In V2, the orange button mechanism work.

jack33

24/2/13
Thanks to everyone. I think the ploprof is a really nice watch for the summer. I will buy the white one, when I'll find a second hand...

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
uquqazev.jpg

Mine saying hi

numero2

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
FR
My wrist love my V2 .... me too. It's a watch that leaves no one indifferent !

p2160021.jpg