• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Destroyed 2 PO's in one night - can anyone help

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
Last night I received a black 45mm PO with ETA mechanism from a forum member in the USA. It arrived in perfect condition and I couldn't wait to wear it.

However disaster struck and within 10 minutes I tripped down the stairs with it in my hand and it hit the ground. There is not a scratch on the watch but the mechanism has stopped and nothing seems to be able to make it tick.

The very same night I have destroyed my orange PO chrono. I won't go into details, needless to say I wanted to get some dirt off the dial and....oh dear. It's all over.

So I am devastated. I think the chrono is for the great Rep grave yard in the sky (I hadn't even worn it), but I just need a new mechanism for my 45mm PO. Does anyone have any ideas where I can start looking?

Any help would be appreciated - I want my PO back.

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
For the PO just send it to watchsmith here from the forum or look for some loka watchsmith who can work n eta movements. I think it is just a little thing that it does not work.

I have no idea who can help you with the chrono

Greetings Navi :wink:

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
Sometimes the dealer can go to the factory and actually get the part for you. I think teh nerw ultimate PO's are such recent production (ie still being crankoed out) that you should email your dealer (or one of the dealers listed randomly on the board under "RWI dealers" and ask if they can get you a new dial. It may cost you some money to buy the part and have it replaced, but in the long run could be cheaper than just buying a new watch.

CISO

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
What happened to your orange chrono?

Is it that bad?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i agree with navigater. Repairs should not be expensive if it's a swiss ETA. maybe 100-150 dollars? Otherwise, you're looking at Ofrei.com to buy another movement and having a watchsmith swap it out.

Just easier to check it into a smithy!

as for the chrono - well, you can send that in for repairs too, but it'll be like 200-250 for repairs :(

you can also sell it for spare parts...