• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

desperately need help

jackteet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/11
Hi, I am very new to this forum so please be gentle with me. I want to purchase an Omega Seamaster 300M. From looking at photos I prefer the style of the hands on the older model 2531.80.00. Some have"007" on the dial and some don`t but apart from that they look identical. Would I be right ?.
I notice reference to GMT and non GMT, sorry would a very patient person please explain the difference.
My main problem is the size of the watch. I have very small wrists [ 17.5cm ]
so I would prefer a dial of about 36 to 38 cm otherwise anything larger will look ridiculous on my wrist.
Again this may be a really stupid question but does each model come in different sizes or do I need to find a model in my size. I hope that makes sense.
I have noticed reference to "bond" and "007" models. Am I right in thinking that the former is a newer model.
I would really appreciate any help and advice you guys could give please. Thanks Jack.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Hi Jack, welcome mate... :)

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on Omega, so someone else will have to offer you the advice you're looking for. I just wanted to say hi and welcome :)

Good luck, sounds like you've done a fair bit of research before asking your question :)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm no expert, but I'll try to answer what I can.

The SeaMaster 300M is, I believe, the SeaMaster Professional or SMP as it is known around here.
It comes in 3 basic configurations:
Standard, GMT, and Chrono
All have either 41 or 42mm cases.
The size makes it very versatile, and the reps are quite good and very popular.
GMT means it has an extra hand which circles the dial once every 24 hours, showing military time. It can usually also be set independently to show a second time zone, useful for traveling.
Chrono means it has a working stopwatch/timer.
I'm not sure about the James Bond model or model differences, but I believe the 007 is a model of SeaMaster Professional Planet Ocean, which is a different watch.

Now... Let the corrections begin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackteet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/11
I'm no expert, but I'll try to answer what I can.

The SeaMaster 300M is, I believe, the SeaMaster Professional or SMP as it is known around here.
It comes in 3 basic configurations:
Standard, GMT, and Chrono
All have either 41 or 42mm cases.
The size makes it very versatile, and the reps are quite good and very popular.
GMT means it has an extra hand which circles the dial once every 24 hours, showing military time. It can usually also be set independently to show a second time zone, useful for traveling.
Chrono means it has a working stopwatch/timer.
I'm not sure about the James Bond model or model differences, but I believe the 007 is a model of SeaMaster Professional Planet Ocean, which is a different watch.

Now... Let the corrections begin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks very much guys; most appreciated Jack