• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deployment buckle extra pin

KiloHotel

Horology Curious
8/2/09
I recently bought an Omega De Ville hour vision replica with a leather deployment strap from Watch Eden. It has the pin normally used to adjust the strap length. However, it has a second similar pin on the opposite side of the metal buckle folding mechanism, facing my wrist, which seems to have no purpose. I went to YouTube to see how the deployment buckle works and there is no second pin. Can someone explain the purpose of this pin?

Thank you

KiloHotel

wolfhermann

Looking Around
6/9/10
So there was no answer. But one year later, I bought an omega seamaster with leather deployment, and there is still this "useless" second pin. So is there anyone around with an idea on that.

Wolfhermann

KiloHotel

Horology Curious
8/2/09
I pulled it out with no bad results. The strap fits better now. Please don't anybody tell me that was a mistake.

Karl

borntoraisehogs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/10
I pulled it out with no bad results. The strap fits better now. Please don't anybody tell me that was a mistake.

Karl
Congrats , you are now a modder. Your question will drive me nuts with curiosity.
Do you have this type deployment?
omegabuckle001.jpg