• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Definitive Movement Guide

Ogre Battle

Horology Curious
30/8/16
Anyone got a link to the history and detailed explanations of the most common movements?
I'm probably a bit dim but been Googlin' with various search terms and can't find a definitive guide.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Anyone got a link to the history and detailed explanations of the most common movements?
I'm probably a bit dim but been Googlin' with various search terms and can't find a definitive guide.

what exactly are you looking for ?

Ogre Battle

Horology Curious
30/8/16
I'd like a general understanding of the most common movements, to understand a bit of the history behind them and their capabilities (chrono, date etc). A sort of horological introduction to what makes a watch tick (ahem).

Ogre Battle

Horology Curious
30/8/16
...think I found one for reps the other day, tho have it bookmarked on another computer so looking for a guide for gen movements if poss.

Rocco8081

Known Member
27/6/16
Conus
The most common movements are rolex movements of which many of them are built off the same main plate, and eta movements are either plain (generic looking) or dressed up with different rotors and mods to fit the brand.

Sent from the RWI mobile app