• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 41mm Mint Green CLEAN or VSF..?? What is the best ??

Hulk19

Looking Around
8/11/23
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a Rolex Datejust 41 in mint green. I came across the CLEAN Factory and VSF through forums. My question is, which factory would you recommend for this watch? Regards.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.

Regarding your query, better do some research, it all probably comes down to the green dial, because both factories do excellent DJs. Both have their pros and cons, e.g. vsf better movement, clean better case shape and other stuff that may or may not be important to you. If you use Google you can find threads on the matter and read member's opinions. Add "...site:forum.replica-watch.info" to your google query and you'll get tons of threads on the matter.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

As a new subscriber, you've already been directed to this thread, please read carefully and look through the linked additional threads:

Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:

Most of the information you need to know to start is there. If you're preparing to buy, read the stickies before ordering. When you're finished, you can continue learning by reading the stickies in all remaining sections. If it's stickied, it's important information.

If you intend to sell, read the sales rules and all stickies in the sales section with particular care and make sure you understand each single rule. Sales rules infraction is taken very seriously here. As a new member you are not eligible to sell. Using the sales section is a privilege, eligibility must be earned, make sure you know and understand how.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist, advise, direct, explain. Don't hesitate.

Don't be afraid to post noob questions in the new members area. In doubt, use the flame free zone. If you feel uncomfortable anywhere in the new members area, please reach out to @eBoy or me. Mutual respect is of utmost importance to us. On the other hand, we're grown-ups and are supposed to be able to deal with a bit of irony, don't take it personally, ever, a bit of irony never harmed anyone. If you laugh at jokes, you'll make friends faster.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: eBoy

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
welcome aboard. Do some research and then make your own choice. We would like to hear your opinion on how you came about your decision when you finally pick one. Use the search engine and read up in the new member section for answers to faq

Hulk19

Looking Around
8/11/23
Wow, thank you so much for the detailed answers and your help and tips. 😁

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Long story short, neither dial has the green color accurate to gen. Both have strengths and weakness.

Clean imho is the superior version IF you swap the crystal.

VSF has better crystal and movement but case shape is wrong.

Reactions: TESLA760 and Hulk19

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a Rolex Datejust 41 in mint green. I came across the CLEAN Factory and VSF through forums. My question is, which factory would you recommend for this watch? Regards.

VSF all the way, not only for Panerai or Omega, but Rolex as well. 😎

I'm a VSF fanboi of epic proportions.

Clean is great too and often has slight strengths in optical accuracy, but VSF usually has the better movements. Those are just very general and unqualified observations from someone who owns only one Rolex rep (a CF Pepsi, I know, it's ironic lol) and your mileage per particular model may vary.

Reactions: Hulk19

DJDS

Horology Curious
5/11/23
Long story short, neither dial has the green color accurate to gen. Both have strengths and weakness.

Clean imho is the superior version IF you swap the crystal.

VSF has better crystal and movement but case shape is wrong.

Would you say the black dial or blue dial is more accurate to the gen?

Trish Rashford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/24
I bought the VSF and did nit regret. Both are solid choices and differences are either invisible (movement) or so small you would need a microscope to see them :)

cheers and good choice on your next watch!