• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36mm GMF SA 3235, not as good as other machineries?

Oysterperpetual_alltheway

Horology Curious
17/7/22
Hi!
I’ve been lurking here for a while and posteds more on RepTime.
My problem is to find a 36mm white dial, stick markers, fluted bezel Datejust with an oyster bracelet. JTime just emailed me this option.
I was previously looking for 41mm, since my cheap divers watch looks fine, but am now realizing after seeing so many wristpics, I need to take the advice given to me by many and choose 36mm.
Before this I almost pulled the trigger with Perfect Clones, on a QF🙈 41mm that Joshua kept telling we is the same watch as VSF, from the same back yard dealer. Turns out it had, or at least was listed as having the dreaded SH 3235 machinery. Although someone suspected otherwise…
Now someone in RepTime told me this mashinery is not optimal either, does not change dates at midnight like gen. I was advised to opt for a different mashinery 28… now I can’t remember. But essentially the problem has been my configuration of the white dial or the oyster bracelet. Do you think JTime has it with other movements?
Or do I have to start from scratch again?
Many thank yous in advance!
Marley

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Did you find your preferred configuration at any td's? If yes, you can ask your td of choice to source that for you even if it's not on his own website, or you go with the td who has it.

Oysterperpetual_alltheway

Horology Curious
17/7/22
Hi.
Thx. Yes Jtime has a GMF VR3235, with my preferred configuration and I have ordered it. Li is apparently not in a hurry to get paid😂, i emailed him about his option for Wise transfer, but haven’t hear back yet.
Then this other seller keeps emailing me about this conspiracy that all movements are basically SH and that the reason people can tell the difference is that VR in inscribed on a bridge plate. And if not for that he could not tell the difference. Idk it’s just weird how much he keeps harping on the matter.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Mhh, can't help you there, don't know either. If you have doubts you can try the tech section and for sure you'll have your answers. Good luck!