• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date wheel stuck on my PO

bobbywaingro

Looking Around
11/4/10
Hello

Long time reader but not a big poster here
My trusted old PO with i got from Mary a year and a half ago has recently stopped working and i´m wondering what to do with it (asian clone mvmt).
Is it worth getting fixed or should i just go out and get a new one.

Since it´s not an UPO and not a good base to make any franken mods to it, it may be a waste of time sending it of for a repair (and service) or movement swap!?

Any thoughts and/or advice what to do is grealy appreciated

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
You could try to attempt a fix yourself, it may need new dw or if damaged parts the dw parts mechanism parts of the movement may need changing, as andy says take costs into account, might be just worth buying the 5th genPO in the end. If you like the watch though, the clone movements are cheap enough on ebay for a whole swap out.

Also just to add, it would be no harm opening it up to just check to see if any damaged teeth or obvious signs etc, lots of tutorials in the repair section.

bobbywaingro

Looking Around
11/4/10
Thanks for your advice

Been studying some tuto´s during the day, and as you said there´s no harm in taking a look.
And if don´t do anything more than just have a look, either way i need to send it of for service at some point so i guess my bases are covered option wise

jyyj87

Horology Curious
7/7/12
i have the same issue with my DSSD...

anyone knows which parts that are related to the DW may be damaged and needs to be changed?