• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date Just does not hold the charge

moa

27/9/23
around the world
Hello everyone, I ask for help once again thanks to your expertise.

I have a date just, I don't know what movement it is. The winding from the crown works, by turning the rotor manually the gears highlighted with a red dot turn.
Problem: in the evening I take the watch off my wrist, in the morning I find it stopped.
Can you help me solve it? Thanks!
A few photos

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
When you manually turn the Rotor does it move silky smooth all the way round?
If you put just a tiny little bit of pressure on the outer edge is it catching on any part of the movement restricting it's rotation? like a scew head that has come a little loose or something?

Reactions: moa

moa

27/9/23
around the world
I'm trying it now as I write. In fact if I push the rotor towards the outer edge, the small gear does not turn. The rotor is very loose

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
I'm trying it now as I write. In fact if I push the rotor towards the outer edge, the small gear does not turn. The rotor is very loose
Ok. So, if you're feeling confident just tighten up the rotor - I suspect the fact that it's loose means it's "crashing" the top surface of the movement and thus not widing the watch very effeciently.
Do NOT overtighten it - tighten just to the point the screw feels firm.

moa

27/9/23
around the world
Ok. So, if you're feeling confident just tighten up the rotor - I suspect the fact that it's loose means it's "crashing" the top surface of the movement and thus not widing the watch very effeciently.
Do NOT overtighten it - tighten just to the point the screw feels firm.
Done. One micro turn. The rotor still remains loose

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
When you now manually turn the rotor through 360 degrees are the two wheels you highlighted in red above moving freely?

Reactions: Reaps and moa

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
Put the watch back together then - you've fixed it!
Well done you!

Reactions: moa

316lad

Renowned Member
8/8/23
UK
That looks fine. I wouldn't try nd improve on that too much.

Do bear in mind the power reserve on those movements is pretty poor. e.g: not very long - so if you're not wearing the watch all day - or even if you are and just not moving about very much - it will probably lack enough wind to go through the night.
If you want to wake up each morning and find it merrily ticking away then give a few winds (maybe 15-20 or so) at night.

themaxx25

If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting...
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/4/24
CONUS
What factory is that watch from?

moa

27/9/23
around the world
That looks fine. I wouldn't try nd improve on that too much.

Do bear in mind the power reserve on those movements is pretty poor. e.g: not very long - so if you're not wearing the watch all day - or even if you are and just not moving about very much - it will probably lack enough wind to go through the night.
If you want to wake up each morning and find it merrily ticking away then give a few winds (maybe 15-20 or so) at night.
Thank you so much for everything! I'll keep you posted on how it works.

Reactions: 316lad