• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

D4M... UPO group buy?

Redsnake

Looking Around
4/11/08
Is there anyway I can get in on the group buy action? I know I'm late to the party, but thought I'd ask here anyway. :)

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Just e-mail or pm D4M and he'll let you know, he has a site here,... (pm him for it) edit: d4m :)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
On his site, click on "Group Buys" near the top center. You can order and pay from there.

daleaherman

Horology Curious
13/10/08
Anyone know how long it can take to get one?

Ordered on Oct 27. Got a confirmation email, but no follow-up with shipping or anything. I realize these are drop-shipped... I did email D4M with no response...

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Coming from Asia, so give it a solid 2 weeks. You may get it sooner and be pleasantly surprised, but it honestly could be a few days longer. Don't panic - D4M always delivers.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
"....I place orders with my suppliers 2 to 3 times per week, I do not plan on running a tracking number delivery service so tracking numbers will be provided if you have not received your watch and it has been 10 days since ordering (I still plan to try and send tracking numbers, just not making it my priority). I am probably not the noob dealer of choice, buy from me if you want the same watch for less.. and no hand holding."

daleaherman

Horology Curious
13/10/08
:oops:

Didn't mean to make any accusations at all.... I read that disclosure, etc...
Just wanted to get confirmation...

You have answered my other questions VERY quickly. Thanks.

I'll go back to hiding under my rock....

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
nope,, no need to.. just posted it because others will see it too.. you would be surprised how many do not read past the first sentence or two..

My forum/email connection is limited right now at work because I have to be careful.. I have only when i get home to try and handle everything.. and as LOS can attest... I've had strep throat now for a week .. not been fun.. trying to talk to him on the phone was nothing short of funny.. I dont know how he understood anything I said..

:)

You only have 9 posts here... no hiding under the rock for you.. you better get to posting or the hazing will begin! :lol: :twisted:

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Ditto what D4M said. The more you post, the more you interact. The more you interact, the more you learn. And the more you learn, the less money you waste! Take it from a fellow newbie that pulled a few triggers without much knowledge or sage advice from the elders here - read, read, read and ask, ask, ask! I'm learning gobs of information every day (had an intelligent conversation with my watchsmith today about movements!!) - but I still don't understand the dark lure that is the world of Pam. Damn if I don't have to have one, though! :twisted:
You'll never have any fun in this hobby hiding under a rock.

daleaherman

Horology Curious
13/10/08
Where are you in TX? I'm in Austin. Any GTG other than Houston?

I must have spent a full month picking out a cheap gen (pulsar, seiko, etc...) and spent about 125. Now I have already spent over 500 on two reps that I have yet to see...
A slippery slope. I am a tinkerer and would love to start understanding how to mod, etc... Not great with the hands though.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm in the Dallas area and am considering the Houston GTG, but afraid family holiday issues may prevent. I'm hoping there will be one in Austin or Dallas in the relatively near future. We'll have to talk with Doctorron to see where he is - I'm pretty sure he's somewhere around one of us.
VERY slippery slope. I wish I had only spent $500 in my first few weeks on the forum. I've slowed down a bit but my wish list keeps growing. I mainly slowed down because I'm still waiting for many watches to arrive and then kind of need to see where I am and what kinds of watches I can realistically mix into the rotation. I'm moving away from Rolex and Omega (only 1 Brietling I like) and towards more interesting watches like IWC and Zenith, although I know they are not as accurate a rep. And I still need to cave to the evil draw of Pam. What I can't figure out is how a watch that looks like it was drawn by a first grader could be so difficult to rep?? All these Pam guys are spending rediculous money and time to mod these things. Seems like the complexity of a Brietling for Bentley would be difficult to replicate, but no... its the plain black face with 3 numbers drawn in crayon that seems to pose the biggest challenge. I just don't get it. I STILL HAVE TO HAVE ONE, but I just don't get it!! :twisted:

Redsnake

Looking Around
4/11/08
I'm a newbie here... but been around a while on other forums.

Thanks for the info on the ? I asked about getting in on the Group Buy for a UPO. I'll keep watching because I really want one w/a Black and not Orange Bezel.

As an asside... You two (levelmanroger & daleaherman) need to be VERY Careful about the slippery world that is Pam... I have 3 right now and am always looking for more. I really love the 'simple' styling and old-school charm of these beauties. Guess it all depends on what a person likes. Just a fair warning... if you do get one, my bet is it will not stop there....

meduk1

Horology Curious
8/2/08
Interested in getting in on the group buy also if available. Email sent.

raven

Looking Around
15/10/08
daleaherman said:
Anyone know how long it can take to get one?

Ordered on Oct 27. Got a confirmation email, but no follow-up with shipping or anything. I realize these are drop-shipped... I did email D4M with no response...

My first rep a UPO from the group buy - maybe it will be delivered when I get home:

?
Timing Site Status
? 2008-11-19 18:50:00 SHUNDE Posting
? 2008-11-19 19:04:00 BJQYLS Despatch from Sorting Center
? 2008-11-19 19:54:14 SHUNDE Arrival at Sorting Center
? 2008-11-19 21:05:02 SHUNDE Despatch from Sorting Center
? 2008-11-19 22:48:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
? 2008-11-19 23:24:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
? 2008-11-25 01:18:00 CANADA VANCOUVER Arrival at Sorting Center
? 2008-11-25 01:18:00 CANADA VANCOUVER Handed over to Customs
? 2008-11-26 12:31:00 CANADA VANCOUVER Released from Customs
? 2008-11-27 08:47:00 CANADA V3C Arrival at Delivery Office

Can hardly wait :D

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
This is only sanctioned if UPO's are present.. :lol:

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Levelmanroger, do yourself a favour and stay away from pams. I know to my expense.