• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

D$mn you PO bracelet

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Now my SS bracelet end up leather becos of terrible re sizing of it.
I broke all my tube and pin and spend almost whole nite resizing with no success . Now I need to wait for replacement. I come to appreciate the fine and wise design of rolex sub bracelet. Why don't they use normal standard spring pin system?

bc33d8e0.jpg

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Lol I don't know if your sporting a WBK PO (or if all the PO's have the same problem), but mine was hell to resize as well. Typically pins aren't that hard to take out. I bent one or two but fixed them in the end. I used a little bit of oil when I went to put them back in.

I feel your pain!

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
... at least Omega finally wised up that their bracelet sizing was a nightmare, and switched to screws for the new PO

jfdupuis

14/5/10
I also had a crazy hard time with the bracelet on my SMP. After breaking a pin, I ended up putting some glue in the hole and pins and hammered at it with a hammer. Now there's no way in hell it's coming out:p

I have a Franken UPO in the mail, but I made sure to get a gen rubber bracelet instead. Way easier to handle that way:p

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
I have a PO that I'm trying to resize.. using the diagram above I was able to get the pins out... the problem is getting it back in...

I'm so scared in hammering it in because it might bend the pins or break it... Guess I'll have to have the watch smith take a stab at it...

Any of you successfully change your bracelet w/ ease? Please do a youtube video?!!!!!!! :)

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
I have a PO that I'm trying to resize.. using the diagram above I was able to get the pins out... the problem is getting it back in...

I'm so scared in hammering it in because it might bend the pins or break it... Guess I'll have to have the watch smith take a stab at it...

Any of you successfully change your bracelet w/ ease? Please do a youtube video?!!!!!!! :)

You can push them in as described in the thread linked by Q5? but if that doesn't work, be prepared to use a small hammer. I did and it wasn't a complete catastrophe.

I damaged the bracelet when I was pulling the pins out. The cheap pusher is too short to get the pin all (or nearly all) the way out of the link. When I got the longer push pins, that was no longer an issue. Hope that makes sense.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
For those that need extra length, I used a metal paper clip and cut it for the extra piece to get the pins out.

The cheap pusher is too short to get the pin all (or nearly all) the way out of the link. When I got the longer push pins, that was no longer an issue. Hope that makes sense.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I've done that too.

The last time I pulled pins (2 weeks ago) I used a pair of pliers. I then used the pliers to hammer the pins back in. I had a pin pusher to take them half way out to begin with.

For those that need extra length, I used a metal paper clip and cut it for the extra piece to get the pins out.

ck6459

11/9/10
For easier sizing of bracelet, get a 5th Gen PO, it is much easier to remove or insert the pin.