• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs Charges?

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
I have a couple of Rolex reps incoming: DSSD and Daytona.

I have just checked the tracking website and I can't believe what it states:

Your parcel has now been examined by HM Customs and charges may have been raised by them. Please check the tracking details below for further details. A letter will be sent to the recipient if charges are due.

DateTimeLocationTracking event
15/8/201620:36International HubCustoms charges raised
12/8/20160:00International HubAwaiting Customs clearance
11/8/201623:59International HubAwaiting Customs clearance
11/8/201623:38International HubArrived in the UK

I've bought hundreds of reps and never seen this before.

What do you think the "Customs charges" for a couple of Rolex reps will be?

D

d4m.test

The good thing about the UK is that it´s "just" the standard 20% VAT and minor handling fee on the value declared by the TD.
Unlike rest of Europe where it´s either seized or the full charge regarding the gen item is raised (and in several countries nowadays the VAT is more like 23% and 25%)

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
The good thing about the UK is that it´s "just" the standard 20% VAT and minor handling fee on the value declared by the TD.
Unlike rest of Europe where it´s either seized or the full charge regarding the gen item is raised (and in several countries nowadays the VAT is more like 23% and 25%)
I certainly wouldn't mind paying that. I was just assuming that I'd "lost" them.

Anyone else paid the duty and got their reps delivered I wonder?

Campbelloni

Certified
21/3/16
Parcel force charged me this customs charge. It was about £20.00, they hadn't opened or inspected my parcel. They simply saw that it was from outside of the EU, saw the declared value, charged VAT on the value then charged their handling fee. Paid online and the package was delivered the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
Parcel force charged me this customs charge. It was about £20.00, they hadn't opened or inspected my parcel. They simply saw that it was from outside of the EU, saw the declared value, charged VAT on the value then charged their handling fee. Paid online and the package was delivered the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I feel better already!

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Im awaiting a letter for the exact same issue above

Sure it was around £20-ish last time this happened to me

Only ever been charged twice now, both from the same TD

Shipping method perhaps?

Hmmmm....

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
431735b21c7773af6cce54c9cacfca52_thumb.jpg

Had my letter this morning...

Sent from the RWI mobile app

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I have the exact same issue. Custom charges raised in UK parcelforce. Except my package is shipped trinagle from watchstation. I hope they can figure out how I pay the middle man so it doesn't get stuck.

big ned

Getting To Know The Place
27/5/16
Just got hit for £9.02 plus £13.50 clearance fee = £22.52 for a JLC 1931 Reverso from Pure Time. First time I've used them and first time I've been hit for charges in 17 transactions from China so far, so perhaps I've been lucky. I get a feeling that HM Revenue & Customs are cracking down on imports from China as of late....:dry: