• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[SOLD] Custom Built Aged and Affordable Rolex Subs (

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
About
See description
Willing to Ship to?
United States
High Value Above $750
No
Accepted Payment Methods?
Paypal F&F
Movement Details?
NH35A
Piece Origin?
Custom built by me
Warranty Provided?
1 month (there are NH3x so they're pretty bulletproof)
Item Condition?
Newly built, lightly distressed in some areas, see photos
Why Are You Selling?
Building these for fun to experiment with aging techniques!
Asking Price?
Various, see below
Trade Value / Cost:
N/A
Currency Accepted?
USD
Shipping Costs?
$10 in the United States
Are You Posting Handwritten Tags w/Forum ID and Today's Date?
Yes
Did You Read and Agree to RWI's Sales Rules?
Yes
Will You Post a Feedback In The Relevant Section of RWI?
Yes
Will you tell the buyer to not write about reps or watches in the PayPal comment field or in any other place associated with the payment option?
Yes
Transaction Release

I, as buyer or seller of any products or services on replica-watch.info (hereinafter referred to as “RWI”), fully understand that RWI does not warranty, guarantee, insure and/or have any responsibility whatsoever for any transaction, product, or service sold by, through, or as a result of any contacts or communications originating from the RWI website including, but not limited to, the sale/purchase identified herein. By proceeding with this listing, I fully release, discharge and forever hold harmless RWI, its owners, agents, administrators, employees and staff, and I release them from any and all responsibility and liability for any and all claims, costs, expenses, actions, demands, or damages related to the buying or selling of products and/or services offered in this listing.  By entering into and continuing with this transaction, I acknowledge that I am proceeding with this sale voluntarily and at my own risk, and that I have read the foregoing and fully understand the nature, extent, effect and consequences of its contents.

Up for sale are five Rolex Subs, from left to right. We have:
  1. Rolex 5513
  2. Rolex 5513
  3. Rolex 5517
  4. Rolex Comex (5514)
  5. Rolex 1680 (TC Base)
For the 5513s, 5517, and Comex, I tried to make these hyper affordable watches with AliX and eBay parts only. No Raffles! I then got to try out some techniques for bezel aging like bleach and light sanding / scratching combined! These have cool matte blue bezels inserts I had a fun time making!

The 1680 uses a TC base watch where I swapped the dial and aged the hangs and dial appropriately. I also installed Raffles crowns and replaced the TC branded stuff! These are cool because they have bubble casebacks out of the box and a nice top hat crystal / domed crystal, respectively. The date of the 1680 is aligned for an NH35A, so no datewheel overlay there! Overall cool little projects, but they do take longer to take apart then reinstall all the correct parts. Raffles is MUCH easier to build, but these case shapes are unique! A note on this watch: I removed the seal on the crown to make setting easier. The TC case is slightly different than the Raffles and I didn't want to put any stress on the stem. There should be no impact on performance, just don't take it in the water, not that I'd recommend for any of these vintage builds!

Some great affordable builds here!

#1, #2, #3, #4 - Rolex 5513, 5517, 5514 breakdown of costs:

$25 - AliX vintage case
$8 - AliX hands
$12 - eBay dial
$9 - AliX 7mm Rolex crown
$32 - NH35A Movement
$5 - Perlon band
$4 - Shoulderless 20mm spring bars
$80 - My labor

• Parts sourcing
  • Dial aging
    • Weathering, matte spray
  • Hand aging
    • Weathering
    • Some rusting
  • Case aging
    • None
  • Bezel aging
    • Scratched and bleached matte blue / black bezel, see photos
  • Trimming and threadlocking of stem into crown
  • Tube swap and install (epoxy of threaded tube to smooth friction fit of case)
  • Installation of movement, dial, hands, etc.
$175 for each watch, plus $10 shipping = $185 shipped anywhere in the United States

#5 - Rolex 1680 breakdown of costs:

$195 - Tiger Concepts 1680 Homage
$0 - Bubble caseback (included)
$0 - TOP HAT crystal w/ magnifier!
$0 - TC hands
$35 - Raffles 1680 Dial
$17 - Raffles 7mm Rolex crown
$10 - Vintage silver datewheel swap for NH35A
$5 - Perlon band
$4 - Shoulderless 20mm spring bars
$54 - My labor

• Parts sourcing
  • Dial aging
    • Weathering
  • Hand aging
    • Weathering
  • Case aging
    • None
  • Bezel aging
    • None
  • Trimming and threadlocking of stem into crown
  • Removal then reinstallation of movement, dial, hands, etc.
$315 for the watch, plus $10 shipping = $325 shipped anywhere in the United States

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
This is a members only part of the forum, you must log in or register to view this reply.

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
This is a members only part of the forum, you must log in or register to view this reply.

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10

Reactions: Caboose

Soulbend77

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
19/12/23

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS

Buckwheat

28/7/20

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS

vivi1989

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/8/24

Reactions: Mr.Monarce

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS

Marcov719

Supporter
Certified
25/12/22

Saverio6542

Do not accept unsolicited offers
Supporter
Certified
17/7/24