• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Current and All Batches of Omega Planet Ocean 42mm

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I just notice this current batches of PO 42mm. It is done by another factory and looks more like v2 version.

Wrong bracelet, glued caseback Seamaster decoration, wrong He Valve, distorted crystal, wrong datefont, wrong position of datefont. Just to name a few.

I will strongly discourage you from buying, if accuracy is very important.

Too many flaws and it's really catapulting us back to many years ago (i.e. v2 era).

Gone are the days of v4. They have already been discontinued. Pardon me if pushing my own sales but if you want to refer to my Omega PO, that's how it may look like.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
looks like they are going backwards with the accuracy... why? it is a shame as not every1 can wear such a big watch as the UPO but would consider the 42mm PO if the standard was better.

jsuperman17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/6/09
where can i get a accurate 42mm planet ocean with orange bezel and a eta clone movement? can i take narikaa's and put a different movement in there?? i looked at honts and dont know if it is accurate...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Both are not accurate :)

None at the moment. The 4th gen never comes with this Asian21j or clone movement.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
you are lying taka, that is not only a good one, it is a great piece with gen dial, gen hands and almost gen everthing!

jsuperman17

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/6/09
tak thats 800 dollars.. to rich for my blood... does anyone know where i can get a 4th gen or something remotely close to it?? how bout i get a narikaa PO and put a better movement in it??

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
No it is 700USD :)

As mentioned, none at the moment. They are all inaccurate.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You mean the 45mm? This one is much better definitely and also provides a plethora of modding capabilities.

I would just go for the bigger version (unfortunately my wrist can't handle it). The piece that d4me is selling with ETA clone is called the UPO. This one is of better quality.

fastlaw

1/7/09
You mean the 45mm? This one is much better definitely and also provides a plethora of modding capabilities.

I would just go for the bigger version (unfortunately my wrist can't handle it). The piece that d4me is selling with ETA clone is called the UPO. This one is of better quality.

Yes, I meant to say 45.5mm. Thanks for the clarification, I was going to get the bigger one anyway.

jwa2425

Looking Around
8/1/08
So v4 is probably the best version of the 42mm Planet ocean? What would one expect to pay for one in good condition since they are hard to come by these days?

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Taka's PO is not a gen 100% but it's not a rep either. Thats the best Omega I have ever seen and one of the most accurate replicas ever. Yes, price is hi for a replica, but considering its half gen its affordable. I would personally replace the orange insert with a black one, but thats my own taste. Its an outstanding watch.

PB264765.jpg