• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CrPO

maily

9/10/10
Good Afternoon,

I have just bought a lovely CRPO but it has a very stiff crown.
It is difficult to pull out and hard to tell if its in the middle setting or fully out to set the time but once you set the time you push the crown in and it starts to change the date you have to push it really really hard for it to just go to the normal position where you can wind it up.

I find this very odd?

I have several other automatic watches but they do not behave anything like this? The crown on these pulls out in the middle position to set the date and fully out to set the time and pushes back and screws in without a problem.

This CRPO you really really have to push so hard to get it back into the screw in position and even then sometimes it sticks at the date setting position?/

Is this normal CRPO behavior?

maily

9/10/10
How do you fix it? Is it a fault? It's extremely stiff? I thought the watch/movement was at fault i have many other watches that are nothing like this at all...

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Mate... you're a member for almost 3 years...
:picard:

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
Sounds like the stem is too long, and there may be pressure on the stem too, from a slight misalignment, probably a simple fix for most watch gurus :)

You OK Luthier? :)

maily

9/10/10
LOL!! Sorry Luthier.. I am just to scared to tinker with it myself incase i make it worse... :) I think i need to invest in a loupe and some basic tools hehe...

Loving this watch otherwise!! :D