• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CrPo 42 bezel swap??? Advice please

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Ok troops.
Loving the new CrPo I picked up from MadcatLancelot last week. Been getting some heavy wrist time.
HOWEVER.....
Am not liking the "ceramic" bezel to be honest. The numbers are really dull against the material. Maybe am too used to my DSSD, but am considering changing the bezel to something a bit "brighter"
Any of the PO lads out there point me in the right direction of what would fit? Any advice would be great.
Cheers
Al

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well you are walking on the dark here.

I haven't seen anyone trying mods on the new CrPOs so far, at least in this forum...

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Maybe it fits the Gen 42mm PO bezel. Not too sure abt this..
Im looking for the gen ceramic bezel insert

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Ok troops.
Loving the new CrPo I picked up from MadcatLancelot last week. Been getting some heavy wrist time.
HOWEVER.....
Am not liking the "ceramic" bezel to be honest. The numbers are really dull against the material. Maybe am too used to my DSSD, but am considering changing the bezel to something a bit "brighter"
Any of the PO lads out there point me in the right direction of what would fit? Any advice would be great.
Cheers
Al

I feel you are the ceramic bezel. Doesn't really have that pop. I personally have not saw the gen but I assume from the pictures that it is a dull gray too.

I think if they came out with a liquidmetal bezel that was black, with ceramic numbers it would really pop. Just my opinion though.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Just feel something missing with it.
The bezel itself is cool. Prefet the slotted style to the "scallop" on the PO, just feel the insert is boring.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
You mad :) The ceramic is a bit drab but thats what make the watch low-key. ;) You should take the dial out and put it in a 5th gen case and call it a custom job.

I did try getting the bezel off, only a half hearted attempt, was gonna change the pearl to gen, but used the same 'tool' I use for all 5th gen bezels and the ceramic bezel wouldn't budge in any way. Must try again soon though. It might be possible to mod a 5th gen insert to go in if it doesn't fit straight in.

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Question: The rep LM bezel & rep CrPO bezel. Same or different???

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Dr Bollok'o I totally agree about the low key thing.
Was actually complimented by a Doctor today at maternity ward with the wife. Think al give the swap a miss if dave has been struggling with it.
And yup, MAD just about comes close lol.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:) Congrats on the new addition to the family R3!

DH, is it the new blue LM you mean? The rep is glossy ceramic finish on that, not as glossy as gen but still nice.

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
:) Congrats on the new addition to the family R3!

DH, is it the new blue LM you mean? The rep is glossy ceramic finish on that, not as glossy as gen but still nice.

No, i mean the limited ed LiquidMetal

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Anyone knows where to source the Gen bezel insert for the 42mm CrPO??
Cant find in otfrei and cousinsuk. Or anyone knows the case number??
Read that the poor finish on the insert seems to bother me

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I'm trying to find the case number too! I want a gen dial and date wheel plus hands if possible.
Have a gen bracelet part number so may be able to cross reference that way

20ST1589858 - 20mm