• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Overseas Question

ghosty86

Horology Curious
7/3/10
Hi,

I was wondering if you thought the Vacheron Constantin Overseas looked better in black dial or white dial:

20091020461859372.jpg

20091020461346408.jpg

I am 24 and would be mostly wearing it with a suit to work but also casually with jeans and a shirt/t-shirt when out with friends etc.

Also, where would be the best place to purchase it since I live in the UK and would prefer to avoid customs charges etc?

Many thanks!

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
The colour of the dial is a personal preference. However as a general rule I have found that black is less formal than white, so black with jeans and white with suit.

However be aware that the Gen is a very expensive watch. If you want to wear any watch make sure it looks plausible.

You may be very well off and then OK. But if not, someone is bound to question the watch you are wearing, especially if you wear it at work.

Just a thought... :)

ghosty86

Horology Curious
7/3/10
The colour of the dial is a personal preference. However as a general rule I have found that black is less formal than white, so black with jeans and white with suit.

However be aware that the Gen is a very expensive watch. If you want to wear any watch make sure it looks plausible.

You may be very well off and then OK. But if not, someone is bound to question the watch you are wearing, especially if you wear it at work.

Just a thought... :)

Good point, but I was going on the assumption that most people would not have heard of Vacheron Constantin so would be unaware that it is a really expensive watch. It is for this reason that I would not get a Rolex replica since it is a well known brand.

Would white not go very well with jeans in your opinion?

aneki

31/7/08
You're right in that most people don't know the brand and you should be safe. The people that do know will be impressed, I know I would.

ghosty86

Horology Curious
7/3/10
Thanks for all of the replies they have been very helpful!

I was reading that there were some problems with this rep with regard to the bracelet and crown but this was back in 2007, does anyone know if those problems have been fixed since then? In particular I am thinking of buying the Silix Double AR coated one?

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
"The colour of the dial is a personal preference. However as a general rule I have found that black is less formal than white, so black with jeans and white with suit.

Just a thought... "

The beauty about replicas is IMO that you can wear what you like.

Dont be too worried about pulling watches off etc

Buy what appeals to you the most!