• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crown failure on UPO--adjusting date

cooltx75

Horology Curious
21/5/12
I was adjusting the date on my UPO today (I've had it for about a month now) and while scrolling through the numbers it got stuck in between 21 and 22. Adjusting the time still operates normally, however the numbers are stuck and will not move.

Before purchasing the watch I had read extensively about people modding their UPOs with genuine crowns and tubes, due to what I assume is exactly this proneness toward failure. I've read some guides on how to make the replacement however I truly don't think this is a straight forward DIY job for someone with no experience. So my question is what are my options here? What can someone with zero experience in watch fixing do about this situation?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Having the date stuck probably doesn't have much to do with the crown.

cooltx75

Horology Curious
21/5/12
Well it got stuck as I was adjusting and scrolling the crown. It's not stuck in the sense that the date hasn't moved in days....

or4n6e

Horology Curious
8/5/10
Have you tried adjusting the time past midnight to see if the date changes?

cooltx75

Horology Curious
21/5/12
I just tried that and the date isn't moving. So I'm assuming something other than the crown is the issue if this is what happens?

or4n6e

Horology Curious
8/5/10
Doesn't sound like a crown issue, it sounds like the date change mech has got stuck between dates...

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
You can try to remove the case, take out the movement, and use a Q-tip to give the date wheel a soft push through the window.