• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cortebert 616 / 620 technical documentation / service manual

funkeymonkey

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Austria
Hello!
Since I missed a beautiful PAM 6152 in M2M, I decided to build one my self.

I got a gen Cortebert 620 to power it, but unfortunately the movement is not moving. I was wondering if there is a technical documentation or service manual around so that I can service it or figure out what spare parts I would need.

So far I read that the Rolex 618, the Cortebert 616 and 620 are all similar in construction and dimension. (620 being a little thinner though). Therefore a service manual for any one of those should be a good start.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?00&ranfft&&2uswk&Cortebert_616

Does anyone have the manual, or the link where to find it?

Best regards!

funkeymonkey

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Austria
There was quite some dirt in the movement.
so far all Wheels are ok and turning. It seemed as if there was no oil in it anymore. I need to put in in the ultrasonic cleaner, but I have to read which fluid to take and I have to order some Moebius Oil.

AND
There was some foil / adhesive tape UNDER the balance wheel assembly! I removed it, but the balance wheel doesnt spin. It actualy stops after 1 and a half movements/pivots.

So maybe there is a wrong balance staaf installed? or the balance staaf pivots are bend, or there is dirt in the bearings...

Or the hairspring is mangled?

Is there a source for Cortebert 620 balance parts?