• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Correct Crown & Stem?

Mav1874

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/09
Hi guys,

Havent been on for an absolute age, everything on hold due to a new kid!

I have had this Omega Seamaster "Bond" Pro Chro bought from Ruby a few years ago but last year the crown/tube went. Done a repair on the tube which went well but used the gen ST1235 tube on it which was fixed in place as its very slightly slimmer. After which the crown never really screwed in all the way properly which I assumed was due to the non original crown. Just got round to starting a repair and removed the crown/stem. Have completely knacked the stem (my own fault) and now need to get a new crown and stem.

Question is, I thought about getting an original crown (ST42154) from CousinsUK as I thought it would be likely to fit the tube (ST1235), however its the stem I have most doubt about. The movement if I remember was a high beat Valjoux, so will be ETA7750. The pic below is of the Crown and Stem, does the stem seem right from ETA7750? If so I assume I can just get a replacement 7750 stem from Cousins? However will it fit into a gen crown and if not, any clues where I could go to get a crown to fit?

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...6.imageshack.us/img96/3587/sany1073medium.jpg

Hope some of the modders and home-repair guys out there can point me in the right direction!

Cheers

Mav1874

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/09
Does anyone know whether a 7750 stem will fit into a gen crown?