• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

complete replica 1:1 of a watch custom made?

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Im with TB, thats gotta be a joke. No one is that... I dont even know what that is :)

D

d4m.test

This is the watch he is requesting:
y4e9yhy5.jpg

55 made in the world. Starts at £350,000 each. The window doesn't show the date, it shows images of animals made up of microscopic calligraphy from the Qur'an that changes several times a day.

Sounds easy.

-Posted from Tapatalk

achapgase

16/5/14
You scared the little folk, he never came back to RWI guess he went to an AD for his 1:1 rep...

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
seriouslyhe might not know what all it entails to replicate a watch. I really never had even thought about it until I joined here. need to do a lot of reading here buddy. there's more info than you could ever imagine about watches here It's an amazing site. It honestly is the funniest question I've seen since I've been here, but just think about it for a minute. To replicate a watch, they need to buy the gen. So 350 grand. lol. then not just one person does it. It is done by many factories that specialize in every part and there are minimum orders on parts.  I'm talking in the thousands. It might all be finally assemled at one factory, but everything comes from different places. and tons and tons of money just to do one watch. So you would be looking at 350 grand for hiim to buy the gen, then thousands of man hours for labor in design and replication and production. then, who knows. Yah, it probably could be done but you would be looking probably close to probably 750 grand or more to get your rep of this watch. Might be more economical just to go buy the gen. LMAO. It's not just someone looks at a watch and makes it from scratch. It's a complicated, expensive process. I think just the question should be stickied somehow or put into a special archive. like a trophy case or something. that made my day. 

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
This request is the best I have ever heard here, ever ! You made my day buddy ! One more request please !!! :daffy::rofl: More power to you !!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Damn. That watch is pretty insane.
I bet it could be repped with existing parts minus the engraved plates.

Round gold case, carbon fiber dial with gold painting. A toruby and a date window that shows the little engravings.

Ill do it for half the price of a gen!

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
lol looking at the title of this thread i thought it was goning to see something amazing.

seeing ops post...omg haha

:picard2: