• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Closed

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Re: Crown doesn't screw down

Which model is this watch? Usually when you can't screw the crown down, it's gotta do with crown tube/crown being stripped. So far all my watches have been fine nonetheless, inclusive the Planet Ocean (famous for crown stripping down).

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix

I find that when screwing down any crown, just apply pressure to the crown turn it counter clockwise until you feel the threads click and then screw it in. I have never experienced a problem using this technique.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06

brtelec said:
I find that when screwing down any crown, just apply pressure to the crown turn it counter clockwise until you feel the threads click and then screw it in. I have never experienced a problem using this technique.

i agree a 100% with you, this is the only way it should be done. in this way you align the 2 ending threads ( crown and tube ) - you get the best staring point for the crown to screw on correctly.

i usually put half a drop of thick lube on the tube, which makes the screwing - on smooth.

ryaku

3/4/06

Ok guys but have you got some idea to sort it out?
Thanks ;)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06

if it's the crown and/or tube are/is stripped, you need to get them replaced. That's why my asking of which watch is it.

ryaku

3/4/06

That sucks, Taka you know better than me how hard is getting spare parts like those in replica world. :(

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06

I agree... But if it's an Omega, there's still hope.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06

takashi said:
I agree... But if it's an Omega, there's still hope.

vac ordered a gen crown and tube for my 42.5 po 3 months ago and it is still on backorder. :?

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

so.. what kind of watch is it? (maybe I missed it somewhere??)

I always apply a little graphite powder and a small dab of oil to the threads, after which I grease those rings.. :lol: never know when you will get pushed in the lake.