• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean gmt 2 v3 crown issue.

Artyfowl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/24
Hi, my clean v3 Pepsi arrived last week and there’s an issue with the crown.

Pulling it out to change the gmt hand and the date is ok but the final pull out to change the actual time is extremely difficult. There’s no definitive clock and I really have to pull hard to get any engagement so I can set the time.

Would the fix be as simple as removing the stem, cleaning and re greasing? Or is it a known issue or something more sinister? I’d rather try and solve before going back to the TD.

Thank you

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Had something similar with mine, position 1 for manual wind no problem, position 2 for hour and date also no problem, but position 3 for minute and GMT hand was almost impossible to engage. Felt like I had to pull so hard that I was afraid of breaking the stem every time... but after a few tries, it "loosened up." Now everything works perfectly.

Artyfowl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/24
Had something similar with mine, position 1 for manual wind no problem, position 2 for hour and date also no problem, but position 3 for minute and GMT hand was almost impossible to engage. Felt like I had to pull so hard that I was afraid of breaking the stem every time... but after a few tries, it "loosened up." Now everything works perfectly.
Thanks Jossé, yes this is exactly the issue I’m having. I wonder if there is anything I can do to help it. I feel like it’s going to break every time I try and set the time.

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
28/4/24
my V1 exhibits similar, i can get it put requires a bit of force. once i get more knowledge and confidence with these small mechs i will see if i can improve it.

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
Another issue could be that the movement is rotated putting stress on the stem, making it harder to pull straight out. Idk if that makes sense.

Easy way to fix is by screwing in the crown

Then open the case back, and loosen up the movement tabs, but don't loosen the screws completely.

It should rotate back to its normal orientation it's supposed to be in. Then tighten back the movement screws.

Then check again.

If that doesn't work, try the other suggestions above