• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean DateJust 36 Fluted Bezel

five20d

Horology Curious
20/4/13
Hey people,

Hoping you can offer some advice.

I’ve placed an order for a Clean Factory DJ36 Stainless Steel with fluted bezel, white Roman numeral dial.

Is the clean bezel good enough, or would you recommend modding the bezel for a WG player Xing fluted bezel?

Appreciate your help!

five20d

Horology Curious
20/4/13
Thank you for this.

Looks like the clean’s bezel colour is quite similar to gen.

I think I will stick with stock bezel, what would you do?

I do actually have the GM Wimbledon, and the bezel does really irritate me. That’s the one where it’s probably worth swapping the bezel for Xing or clean

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thank you for this.

Looks like the clean’s bezel colour is quite similar to gen.

I think I will stick with stock bezel, what would you do?

I do actually have the GM Wimbledon, and the bezel does really irritate me. That’s the one where it’s probably worth swapping the bezel for Xing or clean
God, just look at it qhen it arrives and then decide ig its worth to upgrade or just get it plated. Why is everyone nowadays giving more interests on other peoples opinion than on the own?

Reactions: Kup1712

Vietkidd05

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/3/22
United States
I did have a couple gmf ones too and xing bezel ones as well.
This is xing compare to my Gen DJ .. xing on top, gen on bottom and
Arf one with WG plated .. which is very good imo. .. Gen on left and Wg plated on right with white dial

Last edited:

s10ww

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
11/1/24
United Kingdom
I have the exact same watch on order with the only mod being a deep crystal being installed before shipping. Will update with pics once in hand.

Reactions: five20d

five20d

Horology Curious
20/4/13
I have the exact same watch on order with the only mod being a deep crystal being installed before shipping. Will update with pics once in hand.
I’d be really interest to see the deep crystal before and after.

I’m still trying to understand that mod, what does it actually do? a better clarity crystal?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I did have a couple gmf ones too and xing bezel ones as well.
This is xing compare to my Gen DJ .. xing on top, gen on bottom and
Arf one with WG plated .. which is very good imo. .. Gen on left and Wg plated on right with white dial

Thanks bro!
gen have more brown reflex

Reactions: Vietkidd05

s10ww

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
11/1/24
United Kingdom
I’d be really interest to see the deep crystal before and after.

I’m still trying to understand that mod, what does it actually do? a better clarity crystal?
Here's a photo with the original crystal from the TD QC pack and another on wrist with the deep crystal, my phone doesn't get a better quality shot than this sadly. The upgrade does give slightly more clarity.

If you have any doubt, just go with the factory crystal first and you can always add it later.

five20d

Horology Curious
20/4/13
Here's a photo with the original crystal from the TD QC pack and another on wrist with the deep crystal, my phone doesn't get a better quality shot than this sadly. The upgrade does give slightly more clarity.

If you have any doubt, just go with the factory crystal first and you can always add it later.

Thank you!

This is the same reference I have on order, from Clean, 36mm.

I’ve bought a Xing bezel from Xing directly, so will compare that to the factory bezel on the Clean and with my GMF.

Have you modded yours other than the deep crystal?

talent25

Horology Curious
8/5/23
NY
I went with a clean dj 36 as well. I found that the crystal and the bezel were pretty much unacceptable for my standards and I replaced them with a gen crystal and a gen smooth bezel. I also have a gen dial, but haven't installed it yet.

You could probably get away with swapping the CF crystal for another aftermarket crystal instead of the gen crystal if you want to save some money.

As for the bezel, not only is the color completely off from Clean (it looks nothing like white gold, its straight up stainless steel), I found that the flutes on the bezel were surprisingly dull looking. In person they appear almost like the bezel was ran through a polishing wheel a few times, kind of like how you see vintage watches with worn bezels that have been polished.

The main appeal of the fluted bezel on the gen is how it is diamond cut and very sharp looking when it catches the light. I'll attach a pic of my stock CF watch below.

talent25

Horology Curious
8/5/23
NY
And here's a pic of the watch after the gen crystal and smooth bezel install a few days later. Different setting and lighting, but you'll get the idea. The difference is night and day!

Reactions: Mark1937

five20d

Horology Curious
20/4/13
And here's a pic of the watch after the gen crystal and smooth bezel install a few days later. Different setting and lighting, but you'll get the idea. The difference is night and day!

great looking watch.

I’m struggling to see the difference in the crystal, would you mind pointing out where to focus on?

Stock looks a little blurred, but I can’t tell if that’s just the lighting.

Do you have any other pictures?

talent25

Horology Curious
8/5/23
NY
great looking watch.

I’m struggling to see the difference in the crystal, would you mind pointing out where to focus on?

Stock looks a little blurred, but I can’t tell if that’s just the lighting.

Do you have any other pictures?
That’s actually a side angle where the CF crystal looks fine. It’s hard to capture on camera but in hand, the CF crystal is what I would describe as milky at certain angles. When the light hits it, the crystal both reflects and refracts some light in a way that makes the dial look more dull. Basically it doesn’t look that clear. If you have ever had a cheaper watch that had glass instead of sapphire, you would understand what I mean.

I don’t have too many photos from before I swapped the crystal unfortunately. When you have it in hand, you will definitely notice it if you’ve ever had a watch with a good sapphire crystal. It should be almost invisible.