• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Classics from Hont - Disappointment...

Moisted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/09
I thought it was time I tried a couple of Brequets and Longines that I had been looking at. I didn't want to go too nuts (yet) and ordered three A21J's.

Eventhough I didn't expect a high level of quality (given the low prices) and I'm a die-hard Hont fan, I must say this purchase has left a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps it was the xmas rush and too many orders = no QC.

First this Breguet; the emblem at the top is totally off-centered and the days-of-month at 3 are mis-aligned.

izxfua.jpg

Then there is this one. You need a magnifying glass to see the the days of the week at 9 o'clock, and that is not an exaggeration. And still haven't been able to read the numbers at 12, the font is too small to see.

a2wz93.jpg

And then there's this Longines, which is my favorite of the three. The fonts are great, no mis-alignment, no visible give-aways. .... Except that it doesn't work!!... It was dead on arrival. Hont said he would send me a replacement with my next order, if I send this one back, which I'm going to.

a4546f.jpg

techlogik

16/7/09
That's a shame. My first order was my last with him personally.

Hope it works out.

Good luck.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Did he send pics before ship the watches?
You didnt saw this defects?
Are those watches really cheap ones or expensive ones?

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Did he send pics before ship the watches?
You didnt saw this defects?
Are those watches really cheap ones or expensive ones?

+1

Did you send Hont the pics and the description of the issues with all three of them?

Moisted

19/9/09
No he didn't send pics before shipment, I didn't ask. I thought his usual QC is good enough for me.

After I got the watches, I only talked to him about the Longines that was DOA, which I'm gonna send back to him. I didn't bother complaining about the other ones. I figured it's not worth sending all of them back.

You think I should?...

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Before shipping the Longines back maybe you should take it to a local watch smith and have him look at it. It may be something simple and not worth the hassle of sending the watch all the way back to China.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I would think Hont would want you to return them if you're not satisfied with the quality. I had asked him to source a particular watch in 21J instead of 7750 and he gave me a price but he really didn't like the quality of the 21J version. It was convincing enough for me to hold out and save up for the nicer model. Point is, he lost a short-term sale but it will net him a bigger one in the future. I trust the guy wants to please the customer.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
If they're no good, ask him to send them back. Give Hont the opportunity to make you happy.

Moisted

19/9/09
I trust Hont as well, that's why I never asked him to send me pictures. His normal QC work is good enough for me. But I think this time he just didn't bother checking the watches, otherwise it would have been hard for him to miss these flaws.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
I think that if you're not going to be happy wearing those Breguets, you should send them back too. Certainly if it's bad enough to post here, it's bad enough that you should give Hont an opportunity to make it right, so you can post that as well. It's only fair to you both.

metals99

15/4/09
Yes I agree totally with ahw676 ... You should e-mail hont and resolve this issue with him... Personally I am still waiting for my 2 watches from Hont... Actually they were ready and he sent the photos to me before he shipped but I found something that shouldn't be there and hope he could rectify this for me... I am also still waiting for his reply but inside me I know he will...

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
i don't think photos and QC is a matter of trust. i firmly believe that more eyes on a situation is better and i always insist on photos.

i'm with the others on this one, if you're not happy with them (i wouldn't be) then send them all back