• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Classico U-1001/1 IPB

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Big photos for a big watch :)

Is this an automatic movement?
It looks great, why aren't you satisfied? Any tells?

Thanks for sharing!

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Yeesh. I got lost just scrolling around the screen. ;)

It appears to be the same watch as mine, just PVD and with the engravings painted white. I see it has the same tell-tale "Pleces" as mine.

I might have to pick up an orange one.

Watchfrank

Looking Around
26/6/13
Hi guys
I´m new to the forum, and I am looking for a good rep of the watch pictured in the first post. Thought I would try here instead of starting a new tread. Anyone know where to find it? I have looked though the trusted dealers sections, but no luck so far.

Thanks

donniedarko76

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/4/13
Hello,

I got min 25 days ago aprox check some pics.
I do not have any engravings on the side (except the black U-boat logo) its its still looks cool with the 21j auto mech :)

jim500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/09
hi guys
anybody doing a rep of the strap with deployment.

flor

Known Member
9/9/13
+1 Digging this if I can find a decent rep. The only places I can find a rep look shadier than A-Rod's urine screen.
same here, looking for an U1001 IPB with orange hands, no luck so far. Any tips are welcome, cheers!

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
No, there isn't, it's a fantasy rep. I had similar one (but a bit better quality to be honest) and one without tourby and they both died in few months so I would say save your money until you couldn't afford nice rep from one of our trusted dealer or invest these $40 in nice strap. I believe most people here would advise you the same.

Btw welcome to RWI! Enjoy!

:cheers:

jaegermaster

18/2/14
Well i m having trouble finding a good VC pam pp or uboat rep under 200usd and with a tourbillon that is not a fantasy rep .... Espacially in the TDs....… ans ideas ?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Well i m having trouble finding a good VC pam pp or uboat rep under 200usd and with a tourbillon that is not a fantasy rep .... Espacially in the TDs....… ans ideas ?

None of PAM and U-Boat watches doesn't have tourbillon as gens, at least what I know. And you won't find rep with real tourbillon for $200, real tourbies starting from around $600. Those fake tourbies aren't even worth mentioning, believe me. Don't buy this!

If I were you I would listen advice from Daywatch and get this U-1001 if you want cheap and good U-Boat or for $200 you can get H-factory PAM 111 which is a great rep. I'm not so much in VC and PP but I think good rep of PP you won't find for that money. If it has to be tourbillon then save some more money and get real deal instead of throwing money on that crappy reps and when they die (soon!) you will have to get new watch which is a lot more expensive option + you don't have nothing like accurate and reliable watch.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
^
True! I totally forgot about it. It's a beautiful watch and amazing movement. However we won't ever see a good rep of it and especially not for $200 as jaeger asked. :)

Deekay213

Horology Curious
13/5/07
Any Ideas if this one is real? Im not sure how to authenticate this model I'm new to U-Boat..

Thanks!
ttAh8jh.jpg

vZshZE0.jpg

LaPUFYl.jpg

cq8beKH.jpg

w3getbo.jpg

dcFmaY9.jpg

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I have the same POS but in white, with closed caseback and without deployment buckle and I would suggest you to stay away from it as far as you can. Friend got it for me in China for almost $200 and it died on me in no longer than month since I got it. I was pissed. I actually posted short thread about it somewhere around here but don't read it as I'm now too ashamed of it. :p I was pretty much noob back then and didn't have any of super reps so didn't actually knew what is real watch.

And of course, watch on your pictures is rep and really bad one. Gen doesn't exist in this scheme. Not even close. ;)

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
thats not a tourbillion, thats just a "open heart" movement.
its basically just a cutout showing the balance wheel.

a real tourbillion is waaaay different and a LOT cooler and much more expensive

heres a video of one in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyexJbX8ppU