• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard Gran Tourismo XL

eleley

Known Member
2/6/07
Hi,

What is your opinion for this watch as a rep?
I think the display mechanism is completely wrong.
Any other obvious flaws?

Thank you,

Eleley

RaleyJay

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/7/07
eleley said:
Hi,

What is your opinion for this watch as a rep?
I think the display mechanism is completely wrong.
Any other obvious flaws?

Thank you,

Eleley

The quality of the watch doesn't look that great to me and why are there stickers on the rotor? Is it really that hard to just engrve it?

MICAVI

22/3/07
Aren't there two versions of this watch? If so which version are you refering to, as I believe that there are different flaws for each version.

eleley

Known Member
2/6/07
Thanks for the reply!

I don't know the versions...
I am just looking for the best rep, if it does exist, no matter the money.
Josh's one seems very accurate from the photos, except the case back.
Do you have something else in mind?

Eleley

m4rcus

Horology Curious
28/7/06
The cheap one from trusty...

I ordered the $78 special from Trusty a few weeks ago. There are flaws but the watch is really nice for the money. The flaws that I have noticed include the following:

* Misspelled Milglia on the Crown. It's actually backwards. This might seems to be extremely noticeable, but it's really hard to see.

* The black lettering on the deployant. This can be removed with acetone and some toothpicks though.

* The rubber strap is pretty low quality. I changed it out anyway with a leather one.

* The rotor is really noisy. I don't notice it while wearing the watch, but it tends to be noisy.

* The lume on the 12 and 6 aren't perfect, but I can't complain since I have gens with worse lume.

Anyway, here are some quick pics of it that I snapped this morning...

MMXL1.jpg

MMXL2.jpg

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Here are some pics I took of my Asian version, which I purchased from TWP.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23502

There are only two versions of this rep, one with a 28,800bph Asian 7750 and the other with an 21,600bph Asian 21j. It doesn't matter which dealer you purchase it from, these are the only two versions available.

I can't really twll you how accurate it is to the gen, but I can tell you that IMO it is one of the best reps you can buy for the money. The Asain version of this watch can be purchased for sub $120, including shipping, from just about any one of our dealers.

eleley

Known Member
2/6/07
Thank you guys for your analytical reply!
Things are clear now, I believe...

99% I' ll go for the "ultimate" one.

Eleley

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Just ordered the 75 bucks version from Silix....I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

BIG E

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/06
I own both versions, asian and ultimate. I can tell you the ultimate I got from angus is definitley alot better watch. The quality of the strap is WHOLE lot better. The double a\r in itself, to me, is worth the difference in price. Plus the ultimate doesn't have that noisy winding sound.

I have never understood why the makers went to the trouble on the asian version of painting the CHOPARD on the deployment clasp, when the ultimate and gen do not have that. They actually go an extra step to make it not like the gen...LOL...

The case back and sticker issues people complain about don't mean that much to me, personally. I have several gen's, and in the last 8 yrs of owning them, no one has ever ask me to take my watch off so they can inspect the back. Even if they did, I doubt they would know the difference.

All I can tell you the strap, a\r, and feel of the ultimate Gran Turismo XL is no comparision to the asian version.
I actually gave my asian version to a friend.

This watch has become 1 of my top 5 favorites out of about 40 reps I own. I never thought that would happen when I ordered it.

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
What is PT's price for the ultimate version?

taiji

30/11/06
My vote too for ultimate version. It looks, feels, weight and "smell" like the gen. :wink: