• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Check THIS Spacing Please

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
I'd say the subdial spacing is pretty good here... what you think?

4.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
4.jpg
C419E6A6509FB9B5F4A0D180781BF902.jpg

I think if you got the dial relumed to extend the bars at 3-6-9, it would be better. The faster you swing your hand while walking, the harder it'll be to tell.... :p

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
These 3 below seem to the most visually appealing of the cheaper moonys on watcheden. The version you have above prob has slightly better 3,6,9 markers but has awful logo and omega lettering. Personally I would go for any of these of the cheaper version...I have the first 2. I quite like the 40th anni ed aswell. The quartz has more accurate subdial spacing.

It'll always come down to either subdial issue or logo issu with these cheaper editions (the seagull aint any better on the subdials...it seems to be a case of would you prefer to be shot or poisoned :)

Personally I think the quartz is a great bang for the buck if you can live with quartz...Its a small dial ticking anyway!

18479 (quartz)
http://img3.watcheden.com/products/18/18479/1.jpg

17642 (auto)
http://img3.watcheden.com/products/17/17642/2.jpg

48152 (quartz 40th Anniversary ed)
http://img3.watcheden.com/products/48/48152/1.jpg

Just to add, the version you listed has the much flatter glass aswell similar to the segull version. Its very off. The 3 versions I listed above have the high domed glass. Its much more accurate to the gen!

kramerica

Horology Curious
19/5/09
This is a kind of watch, that I'd only get a gen...

It's not the best looking watch around, and certainly spec-wise those reps are inferior to reps of other watches.

The greatest thing about this watch is it's history and soul. Only a gen could replicate that IMO.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
This is a kind of watch, that I'd only get a gen...

It's not the best looking watch around, and certainly spec-wise those reps are inferior to reps of other watches.

The greatest thing about this watch is it's history and soul. Only a gen could replicate that IMO.

I agree completely. The Moony is such an iconic and beautifully designed piece it is one of the few gens that is a must have. Thing is they are now very popular and that is driving the price up even on 2nd hand units compared to say 5 or 10 years ago when not too many knew about them .

And with omega positioning themselves lately to compete on a commercial level with Rolex and increasing the prices of their offerings in order to compete, the price of the moony is going up all the time.

Saying that, we are still waiting for a superrep of the moony and it looks like it may never come, although we may soon get an updated subdial version now that the factories have sorted out the Chrono planet ocean which has similar sub spacing.

Anyway wouldnt let a rep above put anyone off, for a fit and feel purchase dont be too put off by the quartz cheapy version. Its actually a very good rep with excellent finishing and unless you are a WIS you would not be able to tell the difference between this an the gen unless looking closely.