• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Check if the movement is ETA2824-2 or asian clone movment

TheCold

15/8/09
Hello, just bought an UPO and was wondering hence I read that it's better to be safe than sorry and check if I really got a gen ETA movement. Is there anyway to check if I have a gen ETA like date font or so, or do I have to open the caseback and look for the ETA stamp on the movement. If this is the case is there any tutorial or so how to open the backcase of the watch? (have not recieved the watch yet but just wondering).

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Hey, Cold. There are several options, you could get a caseback opener or a HORB sticky ball. If you're looking for something cheap, the ball of tape method seems to be pretty popular. There are some great tutorials in the Tutorial section and the stickies in the Rolex forums. These should get you started. Good luck!

Francisco

23/12/07
Hello, just bought an UPO and was wondering hence I read that it's better to be safe than sorry and check if I really got a gen ETA movement. Is there anyway to check if I have a gen ETA like date font or so, or do I have to open the caseback and look for the ETA stamp on the movement. If this is the case is there any tutorial or so how to open the backcase of the watch? (have not recieved the watch yet but just wondering).

I bought an UPO from Josh. He recognized it was not swiss ETA and I obtained a partial refund....

Francisco