• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Change bezel insert on UPO

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
So... I was checking sead's latest products and saw the orange bezel UPO with the aligned pearl...i couldn't resist and ordered one right away. This guy is FAST. And after just two days I got qc pics. The pearl looks right but the 20 seems slightly too close to the edge (or is it me?). Anyways, I started thinking that if the bezel is not 99% I'll get a bezel insert exchange for a gen one from ofrei or eBay. So after doing a search I couldn't find a step by step tutorial on the issue. Ive read guys saying it's and easy mod etc. but not specific instructions.
Can anyone give me a hand?
I am attaching the qc pics for comments...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The only one in the forum that has done this mod is Inushuk for his franken UPO, the swap was made by Uwe and if i remember correct it wasnt that easy, he had to do amod or something... Thats all about 5 gen UPO.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
The only one in the forum that has done this mod is Inushuk for his franken UPO, the swap was made by Uwe and if i remember correct it wasnt that easy, he had to do amod or something... Thats all about 5 gen UPO.

He can't be the ONLY one can he? Common guys !

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If you swap the bezel, you risk not having a proper function. It might not turn the same. I prefer a good turning bezel.

You could source a generic insert and add a Gen pearl. Put that on there and your good.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
If you swap the bezel, you risk not having a proper function. It might not turn the same. I prefer a good turning bezel.

You could source a generic insert and add a Gen pearl. Put that on there and your good.

That's what I'm talking about. My guess is that changing the whole bezel would be a nightmare since I would think it is not attached as per gen to the case. But I would assume that changing the bezel insert also requires some know how...that what I'm after...the know how of changing the bezel insert...not the whole bezel.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
EBay is filled with bezel inserts, black and orange. You just have to be careful since most are fakes.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
Apparently you just need to heat up the insert with a hairdryer and pop it out with a knife. The replacement comes with a glue tape underside... This is so far what I've got...