• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Certain you have a ETA Ultimate Planet Ocean?...help please

treeman

9/4/07
Figured I would start a new thread just to maybe get a bit more input. Looks like there is a difference in the datewheel fonts on the various UPO's out there. Seems that the UPO Lite has all the number "1"'s in the date wheel WITH serif (thanks andreww) while some other variation has SOME "1"'s with serif and others without serif.

Basically what I would want is for someone that has opened their UPO and knows "for sure" (I know nothing in the rep world is ever certain) that they have an ETA equipped UPO would check the serif on all the "1"'s on their date wheel.

I know the best thing would be to open each watch but please just humor me ;) Thanks

Here are some pics of mine. It is "supposed" to be Swiss ETA UPO. Most of the "1"'s are like below (no serif):

DSC02067.jpg

"11" and "1" have serif:

DSC02071.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

olympus

Horology Curious
16/4/06
My PO and SMP both have ETA movements (I've opened)
The date fonts are the same as yours only the 1 and 11 have serifs all others are straight up and down.

I guess thats the way ETA fonts are.I wouldn't worry 'cos I had to use a loupe to check.

ETAPO.jpg

drhydro

23/3/06
I have two PO's, known ETA. They are the same as above- 1 and 11 have serifs, the rest without. And this might be of interest- I also have several Omega genuine cal 1260- the tuning fork movement, ESA 9160. The fonts on those are exactly the same with regard to the 1's.