• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

case modding.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
has anyone here done case modding b4.? wondering whether wld it be possible to get e case flaw fixed..

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Sanders done some great mods, shaving caseback a little for correct thickness and lowering the crown but thats the only things you need to do really.
But lowering crown and shaving caseback needs new movement and dp module = tricky and very expensive...

Readymade ones with the above mods go for around 1500$ and if you ask me, it´s probably not worth it unless your REALLY into very minor flaws you need to know exact measures of gen to spot them and dp modules isn´t exactly reliable from what I heard.
So for correcting the above you could get three AP ROO´s and still got cash to spend.

So it could be done to sum it up but in my humble opinion not worth it :)

/J

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Yes, it's possible. You need a dremel with sharpening tips, a set of files, and sandpaper.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Could be done, no problem

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
so if I'm keen on e caseback mod, I'd have to do a mvmt swap.? I'm not too particular about chrono pushers..more on e cb..

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
so if I'm keen on e caseback mod, I'd have to do a mvmt swap.? I'm not too particular about chrono pushers..more on e cb..

Sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say :)

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Here you go Wiz "So, if I want a different case back, I have to change the movement?. I don't like choronograph pushers, I just want to change the case back." ;)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Here you go Wiz "So, if I want a different case back, I have to change the movement?. I don't like choronograph pushers, I just want to change the case back." ;)

lol, thanks for the translation! :lol:

So, no, you won't necessarly have to change the movement if you get a different caseback. It depends on the thinckness of the movement and the clearance between the movement and the caseback.

To have an accurate idea of that clearance, just open the caseback, press a pellet of rodico on the rotor, in the center on the movement, close back, and open up again. The thickness of the rodico will show you the clearance and you'll know if it fits.

Working on chronograph pushers is a tricky operation, because if you screw up, you'll most likely have to get a new watch to rep replacements, so I wouldn't advise doing it.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
hahahaha, pretty close translation.. ok, i'm more keen on modding the caseback..i LIKE chrono pushers but the flaws do not bother me as much as e thickness of the caseback.. saw the franken AP mod on RWG&tts exactly what i wan to do to my caseback.. but i understand frm some that if i start sanding the caseback thinner, i might need to swap out e movement..so i'm just comfirming :)

thanks all..

mojojojay

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/10
I would suggest getting a roo case or caseback to mod in case u screw up .
Now be a good boy n just leave it the way it is :)

I would suggest getting a roo case or caseback to mod in case u screw up .
Now be a good boy n just leave it the way it is :)

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
A case is around $100, you can't get a caseback from our dealers, well, I can't...

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
anyone knws where i cld get a spare caseback.? :)

&mojo, e caseback irritates me la.. no mood to take pictures with "friends" hahahaha

mojojojay

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/10
.!. ('x') .!. I'm in the mood , give me ur camera n ur fren , I'm sure we have more fun then when she's with u .

Well best is to get a sec@9 version n do a part out .

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
BUMP, Anyone who knows what font AP uses for the caseback?

@vpx, my watches should arrive tomorrow, will take a scan then and draw out the font, I'll update you ;)