• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos Dumont Skeleton

engmae

Am Enzi
Supporter
Certified
21/2/24
Greetings,

I don't usually participate around with most of the communities I share interest with.. But RWI something beyond

Since I have found People here caring and sharing info as part of joyful experiences of there common hobby

**This is a simple perspective about my personal experience with this first rep. [ The Santos Dumont Skeleton ]

- This rep came as a quartz and only in quartz no automatic version exist for whole Santos skeleton series ( I searched a lot!)

- Its price goes from 230$ (From Non-TD) & around 300$ with TD's (Not all TD could source it btw) // since it was my first rep I had to understand the market that's why I searched in Non-TD but there ways of purchasing is conditional and hard to get with no insurance and poor understanding that's why I preferred TD and will always go with them

I got it from Mr. Tony an official TD here in RWI

by this link HERE

Advantages:

1- Shiny Special by the first look, I had a lot of questions about it!

2- Since its a complicated design hard to be pointed if you're not familiar with the original design (which luckily not available a lot)

3- The bracelet looks genuine to me smooth gentle and well made!

4- Size considered to be small but I find it as a different style

5- no weight no feelings that the watch is around ( I had a Omega Seamaster Black Edition which was a little bit heavy in comparison to this one so IDK)

Disadvantages:

1- The movement isn't stable I had it for 3 Months and it started to stopped sometime which had to be re-adjusted for working again! (Am changing the battery soon will see if that may fix it!)

2- No adjustable may be done no watchmaker would like to deal with it unfortunately

3- opening the bracelet is hard not smooth actually I couldn't do it until now am afraid it may broke the spring :(

4- crown quality (the blue crystal looks like cheapie

5- the rotor found in the front sometimes jammed and no longer rotating until I shake it hard to pass the stuck

6- battery is not well hidden since it can be located behind the rotor very easy

7- Crystal in the watch is not real for sure and really looks like a poor quality

now with pictures

KJJY7W.jpeg

KJJ1zS.jpeg

KJJ9YQ.jpeg

KJJnwL.jpeg

This watch had no information in RWI as long as I know that's why I wanted to share my experience for anyone who may find it useful

Let me know if you have any questions