• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Car nuts, I need your opinion / help

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
KPfsib.jpeg

KPfT74.jpeg

KPfPrj.jpeg

2017 S3 Facelift, 310 DIN hp, virtual cockpit, GPS, LED headlights, exhaust flaps (stock, but enough pops and bangs for someone who drove a Diesel for 7 years 😂).

The test drive was amazing...😍 The car has an immaculate history of only Audi service, only 1 owner who absolutely babied it. It's basically in new condition. I've never seen a 7 year old car in such a shape. Last major service at Audi was last month including new brakes for 2600 Euros. All receipts in order! Fresh inspection sticker... The whole package! 🤓

Last edited:

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Some thoughts I had today, regarding ending up going a full class below of what I was initially aiming at (RS3, CLA45s etc.):

In hindsight, I'm actually baffled that I didn't have the S3, Golf R or M135i etc. on my radar.

Of course, for someone used to modern performance vehicles, an RS3 or M2 (probably with upgrades) would be at the bottom end of what's just remotely acceptable, but let's face it: After two decades of VW/BMW Family Diesel SUVs, Smarts, Opel compact vans and even a crappy 90s Chevy Blazer, 0-60 mph in 4.4 sec. of the S3 is plenty of kazoom! 😆

The stupid grin I put on during the test drive is still decorating my mug, even though it's several hours in the past. 🤣🤣

Oh, and I also realized another thing: Just because a car is based on the same platform as a compact car doesn't necessarily mean it's also compact: The CLA is in fact mid-sized and significantly larger than the A-class. In real life, it appears very compact, but it actually isn't (I also was unaware that the A-class sedan, indeed compact, is not the same as a CLA 🤣🤣).

So after all, I'm really happy with my choice. The A3 8V platform has the exact size I had in mind.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Some thoughts I had today, regarding ending up going a full class below of what I was initially aiming at (RS3, CLA45s etc.):

In hindsight, I'm actually baffled that I didn't have the S3, Golf R or M135i etc. on my radar.

Of course, for someone used to modern performance vehicles, an RS3 or M2 (probably with upgrades) would be at the bottom end of what's just remotely acceptable, but let's face it: After two decades of VW/BMW Family Diesel SUVs, Smarts, Opel compact vans and even a crappy 90s Chevy Blazer, 0-60 mph in 4.4 sec. of the S3 is plenty of kazoom! 😆

The stupid grin I put on during the test drive is still decorating my mug, even though it's several hours in the past. 🤣🤣

Oh, and I also realized another thing: Just because a car is based on the same platform as a compact car doesn't necessarily mean it's also compact: The CLA is in fact mid-sized and significantly larger than the A-class. In real life, it appears very compact, but it actually isn't (I also was unaware that the A-class sedan, indeed compact, is not the same as a CLA 🤣🤣).

So after all, I'm really happy with my choice. The A3 8V platform has the exact size I had in mind.
Life Smash GIF

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Lovely car and a great choice.

Thank you!

It should be more than sufficient for requirements.

I think so too.

Keeping it stock or any mods planned?

Hmmm... Good question. 😅

I used to be fan of originality. At least, that was my philosophy in my 20s. Now, at a more advanced age, the financial possibilities are a bit more flexible and also, I remained well below my initial budget, so there are some funds left over that could be invested... 😆

To get to the point: None planned at the moment, but let's say: I'm keeping an open mind. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74