• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can't quite get my head around it....

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Good people of RWI, this is my first post here, so hello to one and all. I stumbled across this place, like many others, and I'm so grateful to you all for the incredible amount of information that is on here.

I've been spending most of the last month trawling through the Omega section, :popcorn: and have spent coutless hours reading about UPO's, CrPO's, LMPO's, noob factory, BP factory, and the positive's and negatives of ETA over clone. It has been very informative, but all too confusing at the same time. Hence, if you'd be so kind as to offer opinions, I'd be much obliged.

I have bought two replicas in the past, one a very good Breitling (Bentley model) and a poor quality but nice looking Franck Muller. I've always wanted a gen Omega, but they are well out of my price range, plus I'd be scared to wear a watch of that value if I stretched my budget. So here I am, looking for a good quality rep, that will last a good few years.

I've got my eye on a PO Skyfall from Ryan at InTime (http://www.intime.co/product.php?id_product=1217).

I know... I know... The whole Bond thing isn't to some people's taste, and may be a little cheesey:cheese:, but that dial has me re-living the teenage years of wet dreams and.... you get the picture.

I get that it's not the closest to the gen as it has the display case back and the movement is wrong (the gen is a work of art and righly so should be displayed), but TBH I don't care as I love the look and I'm not in the business of trying to fool anyone into believeing it's gen anyway. Plus, most of the time, it's on the wrist. I know there is the issue of "ADJUSTE*DTO FIYE" but it's hidden by the case back surround when closed.

What I'm really boggled over, is which watch is this based on and will it be any good? I think it's a BP factory CrPO and it claims an ETA movement, but it seems that the ETA's are a bit 'pot luck' as to whether you get a good one or not and whether it's claimed ETA but actually clone. Also, there are mixed reviews over CrPO's with the fading bezel issue.

Can anyone confirm or correct my thoughts that it's a BP CrPO, and if poss, can anyone offer a review on this watch, as all the other Skyfall edition reviews on here and RWG seem to be for 45mm 21j pieces that are poor quality. I'm particularly interested in whether this will last, subject to servicing etc. I know I could ask the TD, but you lot have first hand experience and are independent. Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.....

Big thanks

bkg!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well someone has done his homework? You dont see this often...

First of all this is the gen http://www.omegawatches.com/collect...m/presentation/seamaster-planet-ocean-skyfall

To the point, as ypu have read alread and pointed out the CrPOS have issues.

Another choice you can make at this time is the LMPO which also has some issues, mainly with the dial.

I think though, that you have already made your choice... If you like get it and enjoy it!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
You should teach me a few things about rollies Bones, its not fair lol

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
+1 Pap.....well done first post....Welcome to The Darkside

D

d4m.test

Thanks to all, especially Bones. I really wanted to check this rep is a 42 CrPO with a few adjustments (dial and rotor). I'd figured as much from my research but you guys know best. Seems that those with a 42 CrPO are generally happy. That's good for me.

Now to convince my wife I need 'another' watch. They just don't get it. I tell her women like handbags and shoes, I like watches!

Cheers peeps

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
first off, good first post. You'll fit in well around here. Whatever you choose, selecting Ryan as a TD is IMO a good move. Even if it's not on his site, send him an email to see if he can source it...he usually can. Also, his shipping times are crazy fast.

I tell my wife, "...it's my hobby." Also I separate my purchases by a month or two so it doesn't seem like I'm spending a fortune. She still doesn't understand why I like 'em, but it keeps her off my back. :cheers:

Now to convince my wife I need 'another' watch. They just don't get it. I tell her women like handbags and shoes, I like watches!

Cheers peeps

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Once you go "Bond" you'll nevery go back!! Buy it and review it for us looks like a neat watch!!

enthusiastic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/13
I am also new here, there are so much information to observe. T_T