• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can Omega Cal. 1120 work with PO Seamaster?

afarago

Looking Around
10/12/08
I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a really nice 1120 movement and wanted to build the Planet Ocean Seamaster. I know that the Planet Ocean uses the cal. 2500 movement – but, I have read that I can buy all the parts (case, dial, hands, crystal, bracelet) needed for the Planet Ocean….and use the 1120 movement. I have yet to confirm this with Omega – I sent them 2 emails asking for advice.

I guess the question would be, is if the dial feet position are the same on both the Planet Ocean watches - as they are in the bond seamaster watches. If so, I will be very happy! I have been wanting a Planet Ocean for quite sometime now, but having a brand new 1120 movement with no home doesn’t do anybody any good.

Thanks in advance!

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
The cal 1120 and the 2500 both use the 2892 as their base... so it should be a direct transplant.... you would need the movement holder of course...

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
i would add though that if you're thinking about buying the gen parts to reconsider just buying the gen itself... by the time you buy the case et al, you will be at the price of a used gen planet ocean....

$200 for the dial.... $80 for the hands... $200 for the bezel assembly... $200 for the crystal.... etc

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
The Omega Caliber 1120 is used in the PO, Seamster, Constellation and the current model of the Deville so it should be an even transplant into any of those watches.

i would add though that if you're thinking about buying the gen parts to reconsider just buying the gen itself... by the time you buy the case et al, you will be at the price of a used gen planet ocean....

OMG LOs I can't believe you of all guys said that. :p

afarago

Looking Around
10/12/08
THANK YOU ALL FOR RESPONDING SO QUICKLY!! THAT WAS MY FIRST POST ON THIS SITE..AND I LOVE IT!!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
And I will add from experience that a 2892 or 1120 will not fit a rep case which has a 2824 as a base. It's height to crown/dial makes the crown position incompatible. Also the dial feet are shorter on the 2892 than dials that fit 2824's so you can use the posts for guides but you will need to figure a way to lock the dial down. I use dial dots. (adhesive dots)

EDIT: A 2892 will be too slim and the stem hole/crown tube will not match up.
The gen dials will fit a 2824 but the feet/posts on the dial are short. So the dial clamps on a 2824 movement will not engage the posts securely.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
One could add a thin washer to the rehaut to bring the stem in line with the crown tube but it looks too weird. I tried that too.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
There will be center post issues as well when you do that. It will be a challenging mod for sure.