• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can I have this movement ID'ed?

jeevanpillai

10/9/16
Hey guys, I'm looking to replace the movement on an old rep I have, could someone help me ID this? I tried looking online, but I can't seem to find anything similar.
The movement has a seconds hand at 9 o'clock. I removed the flywheel so there more of the movement exposed.

Thanks for the help!

jeevanpillai

10/9/16
Hi, thanks for the reply! I did check out Ofrei but I couldn't find anything that looked similar, the few Chinese movements there that had a sub-seconds at 9 had their balance where exposed in the back, which is unlike this movement I have here which has it's balance wheel deeper inside.

Here's a pic of the face of the watch if it might help

Any ideas? ????

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
some 21j variant. You might be doing trial and error with a couple. Id for for a seagull ST2555 and remove the date wheel as my first guess. This is probably the closest I can think of off hand. This appears to have been an automatic, correct? [h=1][/h]

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello!

I think it makes sense for you to check out Chinese clones of Japanese movts., primarily nh. I think the answer is right there.

But what can be said with a high degree of probability is that despite the potentially low price, given the dial, there is a suspicion that repairing such a pam is not the most cost-effective idea. However, it's up to you to decide.