• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can anyone tell if this movement is Swiss as advertised or Asian?

Andrew1981

Getting To Know The Place
16/3/17
Can anyone tell if this movement is Swiss as advertised or Asian by this pic? I'm taking a shot in the dark here. Thanks in advance :)
c973bf0f0974b61344a67069c80ccdf4.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

SL1234

1/3/16
It's hard to tell but the chances of your watch having a gen swiss movement is pretty slim. i wouldnt put too much trust in those photographs. These kinda sites have sketchy reputations and are known for showing one thing and sending something different and at worst scamming you completely out of anything. Anything they can do to get you to part with your cash they will do. Their sales pitch spiel found in every section of their website is all trickery to persuade you to buy. And that includes advertising stuff as 'swiss' and 'japanese'. Yet they still sell quartz ??? why not asian clones?? Hmmm. They are lying basically. They will take a photo of the best rep they can purely to entice people to buy. Then do a classic bait and switch. Gen swiss movements in reps are rare. Usually done by modding by the end user. Hardly any TD's are selling reps with gen swiss movements because they arn't cheap to come by. Compare any watch on megawatch.cn (even the quartz models) with any TD, and they are all wildy overpriced. megawatch.cn is a BS operation.

Did you receive QC pics after payment like you would from a TD ? im guessing not.

Andrew1981

Getting To Know The Place
16/3/17
It's hard to tell but the chances of your watch having a gen swiss movement is pretty slim. i wouldnt put too much trust in those photographs. These kinda sites have sketchy reputations and are known for showing one thing and sending something different and at worst scamming you completely out of anything. Anything they can do to get you to part with your cash they will do. Their sales pitch spiel found in every section of their website is all trickery to persuade you to buy. And that includes advertising stuff as 'swiss' and 'japanese'. Yet they still sell quartz ??? why not asian clones?? Hmmm. They are lying basically. They will take a photo of the best rep they can purely to entice people to buy. Then do a classic bait and switch. Gen swiss movements in reps are rare. Usually done by modding by the end user. Hardly any TD's are selling reps with gen swiss movements because they arn't cheap to come by. Compare any watch on megawatch.cn (even the quartz models) with any TD, and they are all wildy overpriced. megawatch.cn is a BS operation.

Did you receive QC pics after payment like you would from a TD ? im guessing not.

No QC pics. Unfortunately I paid for this before finding rwi. It has already shipped :(. I was hoping at least there was a chance that the movement would be good. You are right about being wildly overpriced :(. It should be arriving an a matter of days. I'll post pics of the actual one when it arrives. Ty for taking a look.

Sent from the RWI mobile app