• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling PO guys! What version is this??

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I guess that would be v5 right??

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
UPO has no versions. Its just UPO...

If you want to put a time tag though, yes, its the version that came out along with the V5 PO

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
UPO has no versions. Its just UPO...

If you want to put a time tag though, yes, its the version that came out along with the V5 PO

OK Thanks for the info. I have a V4 and now this 45MM PO. Going to sell one of them and trying to decide what would be the better base watch for moding?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
OK Thanks for the info. I have a V4 and now this 45MM PO. Going to sell one of them and trying to decide what would be the better base watch for moding?

Are you planing to instal a gen bezel? :D:

Anyway its up to you and your wrist size...

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Are you planing to instal a gen bezel? :D:

Anyway its up to you and your wrist size...

6 3/4 Wrist. And I love both of them. But! The 45mm I like the size. But doesent really matter in the end.
I don't see a lot of 45mm getting moded though. But I would be happy with ether watch. I just want to pick the right one and is easy to get parts for?

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I am sorry let me give you a strait answer. I want to mod the 45mm UPO.
But is parts going to be a lot of trouble?

I need to make a choice fast. Because I am going to sell one of the watches. And try to buy a gen dial for a Big pilot. LOL! Another project!! LOL!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
There people that would say that UPO suits better in wrists over 7".

There other people though, like you and me lol, who like big watches and dotn have a problem getting the UPO. I have an 6.6" wrist by the way...

To the parts now, you will be able to find new ones from ofrei or cousins. If you are patient and want to make a budget project you can search ebay for used ones. About the modding, the bezen on the UPO is a big pita to install. Onl a couple of members have done it so... you choose.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Go with the 45 Rudy. It really doesn't wear that much bigger IMO.

Parts are not that hard to find if you want brand new from Omega, which is that way that I would go. Just so you know that all the parts are brand new.

Here is a link where I buy all of my Omega parts. http://www.ofrei.com/page_146
Everything that you need should be on this site.

I'm sure you know about the stickies that are on here. LOT'S of helpful information.

Looking forward to seeing this build. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Go with the 45 Rudy. It really doesn't wear that much bigger IMO.

Parts are not that hard to find if you want brand new from Omega, which is that way that I would go. Just so you know that all the parts are brand new.

Here is a link where I buy all of my Omega parts. http://www.ofrei.com/page_146
Everything that you need should be on this site.

I'm sure you know about the stickies that are on here. LOT'S of helpful information.

Looking forward to seeing this build. Good Luck :thumbsup:

I am glad you and Pap chimed in. I really don't know much about the PO and the UPO. But I have always wanted a nice one. I am going to stick with the 45mm . And you are right Dave it really don't wear that big. I was just wondering the price of the parts. And if they where more than the 42mm.
Thank guys!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I miss my FrUPO!

FrankinPO.jpg