• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying First Rep - PO Questions

singstar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/10
Hello,

I am currently considering to buy my first rep, and I am unsure if a 45.5mm PO would be too big for my 6.5" wrist (~16.5cm). The flat area on the top of my wrist measures about 5cm.

Do you guys reckon I should go for a 42mm or 45.5mm PO?

Also, I have been looking at many of the trusted dealers and am unsure as to which to buy from. I am thinking Marvellous Replica but can't seem to justify the price (>.<). Is an asian clone 2824-2 more accurate in time keeping than an asian 21j? Is the clone 2824 much more reliable in the long run?

Also does have a sapphire crystal make a big difference from a mineral crystal glass?

Cheers

=)

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
I have a 7" wrist and 42mm PO fits the bill perfectly. I'm a fellow newbie here and bought my first rep just a week ago from Fakemaster, and I'm really happy with the 21j movement and the overall look of the watch. As for now it keeps great time, gained some 30 seconds in a week which is more than acceptable for me

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Well, don't have my UPO with me at the moment, but I'd estimate that the lugs add a further 0.6-0.8 cm to the case, hence, it'll probably be about 5.2 cm long. If you don't mind a slight overhang of the lugs off the side of your wrist, I don't see why not... Having said that, I think the 42mm would be a safe choice, for sure.

As for the movement, can't speak for reliability and accuracy, but the difference between the two is that the 2824 should have a higher beat rate (8 bps) compared to the 21J (6 bps). Depends on how smooth you'd like the second hand to be - the gen PO is 8 bps.

Justingeen99

Horology Curious
14/2/11
Hey there Singstar. I'm doing the same as you (being a first time rep buyer and looking to get a po). We should combine our posts lol :).

On a different note, if I may ask, why are you leaning to marvelous? I'm trying to decide on where to buy and was thinking about pure time because I can get the po lite for 128 with the sapphire crystal (which is a must for me). Which if I can offer my opinion about mineral or sapphire. As owning several watches I find I can't stand scratches on the crystal. With mineral I some how scratch the heck out of them. On the other hand, I have yet to scratch my sapphire crystals. That includes the sapphire fused crystals like invicta's. I've beet the crap out of one of my invicta's and not a scratch.

I too have a smaller wrist at 6.75 and prefer larger watches. I just purchased a 45 mm Jacques lemans geneve diver with a green/black bezel and a 45 mm Swiss legend world timer. The Swiss legend seems a tad bigger, but both look great and not to big for my wrist. I checked it with the wife and she agrees.

singstar

31/12/10
On a different note, if I may ask, why are you leaning to marvelous? I'm trying to decide on where to buy and was thinking about pure time because I can get the po lite for 128 with the sapphire crystal (which is a must for me)

Hey Justin.

I'm leaning towards MR because I am searching for a 42mm version since my wirst is quite small. The PureTime one that you are talking about is 45mm =(

I might buy from WBK or ReplicaMake if I can find a nice one.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
As for the movement, can't speak for reliability and accuracy, but the difference between the two is that the 2824 should have a higher beat rate (8 bps) compared to the 21J (6 bps). Depends on how smooth you'd like the second hand to be - the gen PO is 8 bps.

The Planet Ocean's Co-Axial movement actually beats at 7 bps (25.2K bph). They slowed down the movement to improve accuracy and lengthen the time between servicing, or at least that is the PR spin.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Oooh...thanks, supermanx! Learn something new everyday here.:thumbsup:

The Planet Ocean's Co-Axial movement actually beats at 7 bps (25.2K bph). They slowed down the movement to improve accuracy and lengthen the time between servicing, or at least that is the PR spin.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This model would be perfect!

f56a5429.jpg

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-planet-ocean-42mm-series-65706

Justingeen99

Horology Curious
14/2/11
Singstar, good luck with whomever you choose. I'm looking forward to reading your review and seeing pictures when you get your watch.

singstar

31/12/10
How does Mavellous Replica's 42mm PO compare to ReplicaMake's one?

Both of them are pretty much the same from the pics although the RM's one looks like it has brighter lume. Is this just because the picture was taken in a darker room?

If you guys had a choice, which one would be your preferred one?

ck6459

11/9/10
How does Mavellous Replica's 42mm PO compare to ReplicaMake's one?

Both of them are pretty much the same from the pics although the RM's one looks like it has brighter lume. Is this just because the picture was taken in a darker room?

If you guys had a choice, which one would be your preferred one?
Actually these are the same watch manufactured by the same factory but just sold by different dealer. I think just the lighting of the photos that made them look different.
Since both MR and RM are reputable trusted dealers, you shouldn't have any problem with the watch. They also provide QC and good after sales service. I just ordered one from MR, I can let you know how it goes if you want.