• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying a v.5.5 42mm Omega PO

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
Hi all,

I'm a noob to the Omega world so I appreciate your input on this topic:

I'm looking to buy one of the new generation PO's, what people seem to be calling v.5.5, and I'm wondering what dealers are offering these?

Particularly, I'm looking for a dealer that offers QC pics so I can make sure that (1) the HE valve is correctly positioned, (2) the pearl is as centered as possible, and (3) the logo is the new no-happy feet version.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

FW

acidburn5103

Horology Curious
10/1/08
bump, same here.

From what I've been reading, seems like torobravo might have them... but I asked him and he just told me "exactly as on my pictures" without a conclusive answer

Xman

6/2/11
I tryed to sorce a new 5.5 and I found an amazing one! Great pearl, awesome crown, great logo, nice ar....... The only down fall....he positioning... Which is something I know I can't correct while all the other things could have been fixed, but it seemed like it was a good trade off. Plus do people besides us really notice the positioning??? I hope not lol

OmegaFan

Looking Around
17/12/08
I tryed to sorce a new 5.5 and I found an amazing one! Great pearl, awesome crown, great logo, nice ar....... The only down fall....he positioning... Which is something I know I can't correct while all the other things could have been fixed, but it seemed like it was a good trade off. Plus do people besides us really notice the positioning??? I hope not lol

Glad you're happy. Can you share where you found yours?

Xman

6/2/11
Sorry for the late response. It was from trevor, it's is a really nice watch for the money, but has poor lume/practically none, and the 2824 clone has no first position/ manual wind. Think I might sell it.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
My 42mm v5 PO from Trevor has a good lume (better than my UPO) and the manual wind is okay. When did you get yours? The He valve is slightly out, but I find it hard to believe that many people will spot this on the wrist. I'd say it was the best value 42mm PO out there and Trevor has always given me excellent communication and delivery times.

Xman

6/2/11
Thats interesting!, my lume is virtually non existent! The watch arrived a few days ago. If mine was operating properly I would also agree with you, best value anywhere!