• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BTF Daytona (4130) Chronograph Jumping One Notch Early

Anyone4apint

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/22
Hi Guys,

I bought a BTF v2 Daytona with the clone 4130 movment recently. I approved the QC images and videos as it all looked great. It's currently being shipped to me but its not here yet.

However, I just noticed something a little odd in the QC video. When the chronograph is started, the right side dial (minuets elapsed) instantly jumps to one minute. It should stay at zero untill the seconds make one full rotation. It seems to reset and recenter properly, and other than that initial 1 min jump it looks fine.

This isn't a deal breaker for me, I will hardly ever use the chrono, but I am wondering if this could be a sign of something fundamentally broken in the mechanism, or if it's just a case of someone put a cog in one notch out and it's not a big deal. Is this just a minor qwerk or sometbing more significant?

The video is here, it's the last gif in the album: https://imgur.com/a/iZArxgC

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Anyone4apint

11/7/22
I have never seen this happen. it's not normal behavior.

Maybe @oascom or @Nikz19 can help here

The watch arrived today. And strangely, the issue isn't there. I've started and stopped it 100 times (literally) and it's been perfect every time.

I suspect the QC video was recorded after it had already done a full rotation, chrono paused, then started again for the video, as it's impossible to make it do this now.

As a side note, I am blown away by how this things looks and feels. It is my first high quality rep, and it is stunning. It feels just like my real one. It is amazing for the money

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
The watch arrived today. And strangely, the issue isn't there. I've started and stopped it 100 times (literally) and it's been perfect every time.

I suspect the QC video was recorded after it had already done a full rotation, chrono paused, then started again for the video, as it's impossible to make it do this now.

As a side note, I am blown away by how this things looks and feels. It is my first high quality rep, and it is stunning. It feels just like my real one. It is amazing for the money
If you have a gen Daytona, would you mind posting some comparison pics?

People love these.

Anyone4apint

11/7/22
Sorry, poorly worded....I have a gen Submariner and GMT Master, not a gen Daytona. I ment it feels every bit as well built and quality to hold and wear as the gen Rolex's I own.