• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brutal Black Birthday

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
I was going to post this thread a few weeks back, but RWI was down at that time.

This is a very long overdue review.

Last December I was looking for a gift for my fiancé. I was really confuse what should I give for her birthday present. I want to give something meaningful and personal.

Suddenly Gunny Straps came into my mind. Well I was looking for an excuse as well to get one of his straps :p so a matching straps would be nice. Especially we have similar Sterile Radiomir Style watch, which we bought during our last trip to GZ.

So after lengthy discussion I’ve decided to get Brutal Black in 4 layers with distressing for me - you've probably seen the photo review here http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/brutal-black-thick-strap-lots-34699?t=34699
, and Brutal Black in double layer tapered without distressing for my girl, she doesnt really like the whole vintage distress look :)

I told Peter that it’s for her birthday, so Peter told me he will stamped “Happy Birthday†on the back of the strap. Which I think a very nice touch to it. He didn’t put any hole as well, so my fiancé could put one hole and it’s a strap that only she can use :)

My opinion about the strap :

It’s a well made strap, very soft but also strong at the same time. A bit confusing right, I guess you have to touch it to understand it.

The texture is very rich, and there’s a suede feel to the material.

It’s amazing how leather from different hide can created different feeling. My Brutal Black is sooo thick and hard, while her Brutal Black is soft but still firm at the same time.

She love it so much that she didn’t want to use it too often, because she’s afraid that it will break the strap :p she’s quite a neat person, hehehe.

Enjoy the raw pics, they are unedited.
001.jpg

002.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

000-Happy01.jpg

000-Happy.jpg

000-Bday01.jpg

000-Bday.jpg

Comparison shot
003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Once again, thank you Peter :)

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Very nice watches and awesome straps, gratz mate. =)